Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passport Requirements

User Info Menu

Re: Passport Requirements

I keep hearing about this 6 month rule as stated here, so I just went ahead and renewed mine.....waiting on it as we speak. I know if they denied me entry I would lose my mind =)

User Info Menu

I would worry about what the countries official website states, in this case Jamaica has made it clear that it needs to expire after your departure, not during. If you are worried about it you can take the print out to show the airline.

User Info Menu

I went to Negril in Nov with a passport that expired in Jan and had no issues at all. They did not even say anything at all about it expiring in 2 months.

User Info Menu

I was told that some countries deny entry if the passport is valid for less than 6 months by a gate agent. Ours expired in June and our trip is planned for April, played it safe and renewed early. Easy to do, took less than two weeks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pine tree john View Post
    I am quite sure it has to be valid for at least 6 months . check out 6 month validity rule .
    Not true for JA
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, will inevitably come to pass.

User Info Menu

My wife and I traveled to Negril in January with our 15 year old son. While checking in we noticed that his passport would expire on the day we were scheduled to return to NY. Besides a panic attack, no issues. We were not able to use the kiosk at customs upon arrival back in NY, but besides that we were ok.

User Info Menu

Renew it, why take chances.
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

I went to Ja last year (2015) on passports due to expire within a couple weeks of coming home. No worries.

Jamaica does not have any so called "6 month" rule (I verified at the time by Club Mobay entry service) and USA is good to accept your valid passport anytime before it expires.
    Last edited by frankk; 04-17-2016 at 01:35 AM.

User Info Menu

I would highly recommend renewing your passport, the airlines have the 6 month preference, which is great, actually trying to avoid complications.
    Since you aren't leaving til June why not renew ! Unless you don't plan to travel.. its quick and easy