Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yesterdays Westend Walk

User Info Menu

Re: Yesterdays Westend Walk

Oh, and speaking about worrying about things being stolen while you're out of your room... we stayed at Catcha and one day mid-stay I decided I wanted to wear a fused glass pendant I had made. I went to my suitcase and looked for my little jewelry bag (nothing of great value, all handmade stuff) I couldn't find the bag. I looked in the safe, I looked in the bathroom, the drawers, I looked everywhere. No bag of jewelry. Mind you, this was not valuable stuff to anybody but me- all things I had made. I couldn't believe anybody from housekeeping would have walked into our room and picked that little bag of jewelry to steal- would they??? I thought it must have been stolen by TSA or an airline employee. No, I was certain I had it in my carryon. Maybe I left it out of the bag at home? So odd. I fretted about that for a couple of days, just thinking in the back of my mind about what could have happened to it. Finally, on the last day of our stay, I was packing stuff up to go, and grabbed the large Tervis mug sitting on the counter- we hadn't used it the entire trip. It weighed oddly heavy. I took the cap off, and there was the bag of jewelry, right where I had stuck it to consolidate and save space. What a dork.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yamon View Post
    Wake n Bake is right after LTU, opposite side of the road B-4 Sir D's
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_frank View Post
    Wake n Bake must be fairly new. I was there in January and don't remember seeing it.
    I'm thinking the same thing. Didn't notice it this past winter. So, it sounds like it's very close to Sexy Rexy's? I know there are plenty of old buildings that are easy to overlook, but they suddenly "pop out" once they are freshly painted. This Wake n Bake looks pretty inviting. Wonder if it's the same owners as the old Jam-Can Bridge.

User Info Menu

BaileysMom, yes it is a very nice spot
    Old pics:
    Name:  IMG_0642.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  100.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0643.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  97.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0648.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  96.0 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing. Didn't notice it this past winter. So, it sounds like it's very close to Sexy Rexy's? I know there are plenty of old buildings that are easy to overlook, but they suddenly "pop out" once they are freshly painted. This Wake n Bake looks pretty inviting. Wonder if it's the same owners as the old Jam-Can Bridge.
    Mike_D - I was wondering the same thing regarding owners. It was being worked on when I was here @ Thanskgiving time.
    Right across the street from Citronella - used to be an old place called Bunny's Ragamuffin ??

User Info Menu

Yamon- thank you for that refresher. LOVE your pictures!!!

User Info Menu

Walk past rick's down to the lighthouse. It's a nice place for pics, and there is the "swings" place right beyond it. bunch of tree swings

User Info Menu

You mean hammocks? Whoopies Hammock Park?