Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Westend Pics

User Info Menu

Re: More Westend Pics

Quote Originally Posted by yamon View Post
    Thanks Vince & Mike_D
    Mike, I know this is the " hood " you like to stay in.
    Have taken a few walks down past Mirage ? the last couple days, but have not had the camera
    with. - usual "suspects" - Ali, Dr. Feelgood, Jabba
    Hahaha! Yes, dem mi good friends. If you have a chance, try a patty from Ali. You'll probably have to give him a day's notice, as he makes them to order. His juices are great, too.

User Info Menu

Your pictures are wonderful. I love Catch aand it is so picturesque.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    Hahaha! Yes, dem mi good friends. If you have a chance, try a patty from Ali. You'll probably have to give him a day's notice, as he makes them to order. His juices are great, too.
    Is this Allie, who is a bit down the road if you make a left out of Catcha on the opposite side? Was there back in July and his stand looked much smaller than it was the year before, and in much worse condition. He's a really nice guy, and I hope he's doing OK. From talking with him, I don't think the last year or so has been very kind to him. I plan on stopping by next week and I always get his fish patties and he makes a mean smoothie... but yes you need to order them ahead of time, as last time he didn't have the ingredients and had to leave to get them.

User Info Menu

Have dropped by and seen Ali a couple times in the last 2 days.
    His stand was hit by a taxi recently (not sure when), and it wiped out
    the front of the stand and also hurt a girl who was working @ the stand
    Cost about 800.00 not including the girls dr. bills
    Mike, I have had his patties a few times over the last few years and they are really good and huge.
    I will tell him Hi for you when I see him tomorrow.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yamon View Post
    Have dropped by and seen Ali a couple times in the last 2 days.
    His stand was hit by a taxi recently (not sure when), and it wiped out
    the front of the stand and also hurt a girl who was working @ the stand
    Cost about 800.00 not including the girls dr. bills
    Mike, I have had his patties a few times over the last few years and they are really good and huge.
    I will tell him Hi for you when I see him tomorrow.
    Didn't know this, if it happened prior to July 2015 it would explain why his shop looked the way it did.

If you stop by, could you please ask him if he still has the tablet I gave him last year? I have an extra charger here for it (it has a special plug, not the typical charger that also works with phones) and want to see if he has any need for it... the one I left with him was was very short and I'm sure inconvenient.

User Info Menu

HarryS, yes I will ask him when I see him as I am just going out for a walk.

User Info Menu

When I arrived on the Westend last week all along the road from the Out of Town bakery to the Rockhouse,
    there was a cleanup project going on - it was the best it had looked in years
    Name:  IMG_1381.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  97.1 KB
    hundreds of bags waiting to be picked up
    Name:  IMG_1384.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  101.3 KB
    and right across the street from this sign
    Name:  IMG_1382.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  97.8 KB
    and this @ a garbage site
    such a beautiful country and to let it get like this
    SORRY RANT OVER

User Info Menu

HarryS, he does have the tablet
    Name:  IMG_1466.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  94.8 KB
    and yes he could use the cord as he has bought a couple cheap ones that haven't lasted
    Name:  IMG_1464.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  99.8 KB
    he asked if I could get your phone # and I told him I would not post it online, so here is his
    Name:  IMG_1467.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  94.9 KB

User Info Menu

Yes, that's the one. Funny how things work, I thought that cable was long gone, then I find it just as I'm about to return to Negril. Thanks for checking! I didn't want to just show up with it, and then if he didn't have it feel like he had to explain where it went. I didn't want to put him on the spot.

I notice the number is different from the one on his sign... I'll consider sending him a text, but have made a point not to exchange numbers with people in Jamaica... I guess I don't want to get caught up in a situation where I'm always being asked for something, whether its to bring something with me, or a request for money... I've read stories of how that goes, and while I don't think everyone is like that, I know with my luck, no good deed goes unpunished...

Did you happen to see his kids? The tablet was actually a gift for his children, but they weren't around when I visited last summer... he alluded to family issues...

And finally, can anyone comment on his mushrooms?
    Last edited by HarryS; 04-22-2016 at 06:11 PM.

User Info Menu

That's why I told him what I told him regarding the phone #
    I had 3-4 of the people I know here westend tell me & remind me about scam calls -don't answer
    Yes, I did see his son operating the stand yesterday
    Regarding the mushrooms
    I don't remember LOL JUST KIDDING
    Don't do mushrooms