Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Oh Why Do My Friends Always Backout!?!

User Info Menu

On one trip, I wish the couple would have backed out....stinks when you have to wait for them to go to bed, just so you can go out & have some FUN....without them pissing & moaning about anything & everything!

User Info Menu

Well, this must happen more often than expected. Looks like I'll also be traveling solo to Negril. Had the trip all planned with a partner, but after the last trip with him, he wigged out on a drive between Memphis and Michigan, and having to listen to him scream and rant and make violent threats for 11 hours strait ...... It was pure hell! Wouldn't want to risk an irie time being spoiled by a piss-poor traveler. What sucks is that I made all the J'ca hotel reservations/deposits with my credit card.....looks like I'll be spending twice the cost for lodging than I had planned. Live and learn, I guess.. Arghh!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ohliz View Post
    I book my trips intending to go solo. If a (good - no not-good ones allowed) friend wants to join me I'm still going where/when I want to, they are free to tag along.

That works GREAT for me.
    The last trip I took, 2 people backed out. I went solo...anyway (after re-planning). Had a BLAST.

That taught me, and even though I'd been with others before...mostly "I don't wanna leave the resort" types...it took a solo trip to cure me...

Now, I plan to ALWAYS do like the above. Hey, if someone wants to go with, cool,

Me: "I'll show ya around a little...so...hop on the 'Net, book a flight, here's some links, they take credit cards, see ya there..." Life is too damn short to babysit when in the land of love and ganja. LOL

I'm there regardless, doing my thing.

See ya'll on the beach!
    Last edited by brasi; 11-28-2011 at 03:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Well, this must happen more often than expected. Looks like I'll also be traveling solo to Negril. Had the trip all planned with a partner, but after the last trip with him, he wigged out on a drive between Memphis and Michigan, and having to listen to him scream and rant and make violent threats for 11 hours strait ...... It was pure hell! Wouldn't want to risk an irie time being spoiled by a piss-poor traveler. What sucks is that I made all the J'ca hotel reservations/deposits with my credit card.....looks like I'll be spending twice the cost for lodging than I had planned. Live and learn, I guess.. Arghh!
    If you didn't do them as a package (Travelocity etc) ... CALL the resorts. Don't go too low, but they will almost always make a deal rather than lose a reservation, in my experience. Try 70% of your initial price.

User Info Menu

kinda sounds like me.a close friend of mine kept asking me to go.i always said ,this year for sure,and then i went somewhere in the states,and had a boring time.finally one year,i had nowhere in the states i wanted to go,so i said yes.so the wife me,and our friend went.we got to the place we were going to go,and of coarse ,being a newbe,we got the worst cabin of the bunch.the wife was fit to be tied.she *****ed him out for talking me into going for a good hour.i told her to get onto her swimming suit and .lets go to the beach.and down we went.spent the next coule of hours in the water swimming and laughing and gaving a great time.when sunset was upon us,we decide to change into our cloths,so we walked up to where our cabin was.you know,the one way in the back that she hated.i turned to go to it,and she kept on walking.i asked her where she was going.she said. to book for next year.i smiled and knew she was hooked.that was 30 years ago.weve been going down every year since.all the other cabins have been update except that one,and thats the one we stay to this day.if someone is in it when we get there.they get the boot and we move in.so,once your friends do get there,they will be hooked,im sure

User Info Menu

I am going through the same thing right now. I found a Villa (Tropical Breeze) and got 10 people to say yes. All booked airfare (seat sale) now two of them are fighting. Wont travel together. I sat them down the other night and simply said you two have to suck it up... there are 8 others depnding on you paying your share...and once you get there - you will have a great time, I guarantee that! They agreed they could get along so full speed ahead! And no this isnt a couple!
    Catty girls.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brasi View Post

Now, I plan to ALWAYS do like the above. Hey, if someone wants to go with, cool,

Me: "I'll show ya around a little...so...hop on the 'Net, book a flight, here's some links, they take credit cards, see ya there..." Life is too damn short to babysit when in the land of love and ganja. LOL

I'm there regardless, doing my thing.

See ya'll on the beach!

Exactly!! I always go solo. Last April my sister and husband and another couple wanted to come down. I said here's where I'm staying, find yourselves a place and I'll see ya there. I did end up booking my flight to arrive 2 hours before their flight so I could meet them and at least get them to their hotel (I'm such a good big brother!). But after that, I'd stop by in the am, tell them what I 'planned' on doing...want to tag along? cool. no? see ya later. Everyone had a great time!
    ONE LOVE!

MIDIRI (A.K.A. FUD)

User Info Menu

solo is the only way to fly mon...........free as a bird

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

You know what's funny. I booked even though my "friend" backed out, and I was Ok with it. Another friend of mine is now asking about going and checking airfare etc. and...I'm actually kind of bummed because I was in the solo state of mind! lol. But I doubt she will go through with it, the airfare is ridiculous over New Years!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

oh Rastagal... you are going to have a blast whether you are solo or with someone.. can't wait to meet you.. are you staying at fun holiday? whats your travel dates?
    Jamaica Bound!