Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Oh Why Do My Friends Always Backout!?!

User Info Menu

Why Oh Why Do My Friends Always Backout!?!

Does anyone else have this problem? You start planning your trip, setting up airfare and hotel...then....the other person backs out on you. This has happened to me more than once, and happened once again today. Now I'm stuck re-planning everything. I think I need to find more vacation committed friends!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

"more vacation committed friends"...or just maybe truer friends??????
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    "more vacation committed friends"...or just maybe truer friends??????
    Good point
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

some people are terrible travellers! they get themselves into trouble. might be they are petals who avoid everything, party too hard, or not hard enough, or drag you down into their crazytown episodes, or sleep and eat out of sync with you, or maybe keep you up hours with their snoring, or are spoiled and embarrass you somehow, the list could go on.

be happy rastagal. that someone has backed out means i think you may have gotten away lucky somehow.
    Last edited by freshmint; 10-12-2011 at 06:00 PM.

User Info Menu

better for them to back out now.........versus what would happen in Jamaica........
    nuthin worse than having a disgruntled traveler with you in paradise..........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I suggest solo trip and to half the room price westport cottages for you then

User Info Menu

I'm very very lucky to be travelling with girlfriends who start the count down to our next trip on the day return from our last. One girl teaches so we have to work around when she has class... but other than that no problem. If we say we are going to go then we GO... need to find new travel buddies.. gonna have to start coming with us rastagal! Good luck.. and I hope you are still coming for new years!
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

I book my trips intending to go solo. If a (good - no not-good ones allowed) friend wants to join me I'm still going where/when I want to, they are free to tag along.

That works GREAT for me.

User Info Menu

Me too Liz. Plan it solo so you will get what you want from the trip and then invite peeps to join if they want. That way you are disappointed or constantly having to change plans.

User Info Menu

This is precisely why I went on my first trip alone this year... too many times have a said lets go here and it's all yes! yay! until it's time to book. Then no one has saved no one has vacation everyone is broke. I was turning 30 and thought, screw this I'm not waiting on anyone anymore or I'll never get where I want to go. Everyone since I have been back has said "I wish I came!" "next time for sure" But I know this probably wont happen and if it does fine but I wont be planning my next trip to jamaica with anyone in mind but me and what I want to do.