Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Oh Why Do My Friends Always Backout!?!

User Info Menu

Tic- Yes I am going to have to re-evaluate the hotel and maybe stay 1 less day

BeachGirl- Sounds like you have good travel buddies! I'm pretty sure I am still going to go ahead with the trip so I look forward to meeting you guys!

Manda- Those are exactly the excuses down to the tee...funny thing is yesterday I got a text saying "I'm not sure I can get the days off", then today " Something came up and I can't afford it right now". What a coincidence. LOL.

And yes to all the comments about the other person putting a damper on YOUR vacation. I have been embarrassed more than once...encountered the late sleeper and the party pooper.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Solo trips for me work fine, there are lots of Negril friends always around, and I can come and go as I please!

User Info Menu

Always plan solo...

User Info Menu

Girrrrl...you and Marko just described the BS I had to deal with for my July trip. Report coming soon.

After that mess, I'm down for going solo next time.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

This happened to me a few years ago...my buddy pulled out AFTER spending $$ on airfare, deposit.
    I now believe it was a blessing...solo in negril is a great vacation!
    I agree with a previous poster: plan solo, let others join in to MY plans!

User Info Menu

Yep...its happened a couple of times, when I first started travelling to JA....don't bother anymore...Solo all the way!

User Info Menu

Twice i've had people drop out at last moment, now i book and tell them the dates and the last date they need to come up the money by, i've traveled solo last few times, means i can spent time winding Lisa up
    Last edited by airportworker; 10-13-2011 at 02:20 PM.

User Info Menu

I travel solo by choice ever since I had a disaster of a trip to the DR with a friend who made scenes and ditched the room we were supposed to be sharing so I had to foot the bill myself when I wasn't planning on it. The whole disaster took me by surprise as she was someone who I go out with a lot here at home. travel can tax the best of relationships. I would make an exception to the travel solo rule for a boyfriend or my family, but that is it.

User Info Menu

I travel with "Me, Myself,and I"....They have been around the block a time or two...Airfare is cheap, they don't eat alot. They buy the drinks so that keeps all happy...!!

User Info Menu

Sounds like you have your answer....book, pack and go...and if someone wants to join you let them do the same!