Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Trip Report - First Time in Treasure Beach

User Info Menu

Re: First Trip Report - First Time in Treasure Beach

Such wonderful images- great trip report! Thanks for sharing- we'll be in Treasure Bay and Negril in October, I can't wait!

User Info Menu

After checking out the sports park we headed out of our driveway to the right, away from TB, along the coast. I am not exaggerating when I say that we didn’t pass another vehicle or cycle on our entire route. It was probably the worst road we’d been on as far as potholes and gravel patches go, but it was no problem mon. I'm not driving - lol It was a wonderfully secluded and beautiful drive. We checked out a couple beaches along the way. I believe we made it to Fort Charles beach, but didn’t see any signs saying that’s where we ended up.

When I was taking pictures from the back of the scooter, I never even looked at the image on the screen. I pointed the camera wherever my eyes were aimed and hoped for the best. It’s best this way because I was totally able to take it all in, rather than focus on capturing the moment It was a delight to look through these pictures on my computer and see how well they turned out, if I do say so myself.

Even the fence posts here are beautiful -
    Name:  DSC04403.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  98.7 KB
    Name:  DSC04419.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  98.3 KB
    Name:  DSC04420.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  98.1 KB
    Name:  DSC04426.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  91.1 KB
    Name:  DSC04440.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  95.8 KB
    Name:  DSC04441.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  99.6 KB

A few potholes along the way -
    Name:  DSC04450.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  96.9 KB

The first beach we came upon -
    Name:  DSC04453.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  91.9 KB
    Name:  DSC04462.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  92.6 KB

User Info Menu

More pictures from another beach or two -
    Name:  DSC04472.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  94.5 KB
    Name:  DSC04481.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  95.9 KB
    Name:  DSC04484.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  96.8 KB
    Name:  DSC04488.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  87.0 KB
    Name:  DSC04479.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  113.1 KB

Every beach we walked on was full of treasures. Husband searched each one thoroughly and found some beautiful rocks, shells and coral as I waded in the sea and soaked in the beauty. As we rode around town on the scooter today, one of the locals saw him a couple times and called out “blue boy” to him I’ve been calling him that since.
    Name:  DSC04490.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  95.5 KB

It rained a bit on our way back so I didn’t take more pictures on the ride. It was refreshing since it was a pretty hot day. When we returned to the house we enjoyed two cold jelly coconuts that we had picked up earlier from the fruit stand down the road.

Being perched up above the village of Billy’s Bay, we were able to observe some of the community’s day to day life.
    Name:  DSC04515.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  95.4 KB
    Name:  DSC04516.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  90.7 KB
    Name:  DSC04552.jpg
Size:  97.5 KB

User Info Menu

The goats are out and about this afternoon. I was taking a nap as all this went on -
    Name:  DSC04556.jpg
Size:  98.4 KB
    Name:  DSC04555.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  99.8 KB
    Name:  DSC04563.jpg
Size:  100.5 KB
    Name:  DSC04570.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  97.9 KB
    Name:  DSC04578.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  99.0 KB

Tonight we’re heading to the football game. First we’ll have dinner at Kim’s Place. This is the first time we’ve taken the scooter out at night. As we’re riding, I find that it’s difficult to see the road. I’m not driving and I’ve had a few drinks *side note - I discovered over proof and Ting on this trip - mmm! So I’m thinking maybe it’s just dark because there’s no street lights and not many outdoor lights here. Then husband mentions that he can’t see well. And then a man on the side of the road says, “Turn on your lights brother”. We pull over and see that the main headlight isn’t working. Only the white side lights work. We have a nice little LED flashlight with us, so we decide to use it to get to Smurf’s. Maybe it just need s bulb? We talked to someone at Smurf’s and he suggested it would be best for us to go home for the night. No one could help us tonight. We followed his advice and went for dinner at Kim’s, which was on our route home. It was delicious Too bad we missed a great football match, which TB won. But of course we still enjoyed the evening in that amazing house.

We awoke to another beautiful morning –
    Name:  DSC04613.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  79.0 KB
    Name:  DSC04614.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  94.1 KB
    Name:  DSC04616.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  85.6 KB

Today was our last full day and we planned to visit another beach or two and return the scooter at 1:00. Since we had headlight issues that prevented us from going to the football game the previous night, we decided to ask Smurf’s for an extra few hours with the scooters. No problem mon, of course. We also had a carving to pick up from Stanley, the woodcarver at Smurf’s.
    Name:  DSC04622.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  96.0 KB
    Name:  DSC04624.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  95.1 KB

User Info Menu

Love this picture. I circled where I lived in 2001 behind the South Pole Bar. Thanks for this picture.
    Name:  aaaaaaaaIrieRest.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  87.5 KB
    It brings back a flood of memories. Especially the day after staying 6 months that I went Home.
    http://www.negril.com/discus/message...tml?1283862425

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Good to see Stanley is still around. We met him a few years ago and he went with us to the baptist church in Billy's Bay for a Sunday morning service.
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...Treasure-Beach
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

We spent the morning having breakfast at Hold a Vibz again for our last breakfast sandwich there And then we drove around on some back roads we hadn’t travelled on yet. We ended up back on Billy’s Bay beach that afternoon.
    Name:  DSC04642.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  107.1 KB
    Name:  DSC04651.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  95.4 KB

The path to Billy’s Bay beach is on the left -
    Name:  DSC04656.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  97.1 KB

We enjoyed our last lunch at Jack Sprat’s. Another gorgeous day!
    Name:  DSC04663.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  96.1 KB
    Name:  DSC04666.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  95.8 KB
    Name:  DSC04673.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  95.2 KB

Upon closer inspection of this picture, one of the young fisherman has a Wisconsin Badgers hat on. Go Bucky!!!
    Name:  DSC04672.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  101.3 KB

These are the baby goats that snuck into our back yard. Up until our visit to TB, I loved goat curry. Now I’m in love with these cute little goats and I’m not sure if I’ll ever bring myself to eat goat again!
    Name:  DSC04682.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  100.0 KB

Tonight we are having Sarah, the lovely property caretaker, make dinner for us. This is a service that’s offered and we wish we would have taken advantage of it another night or two. She made curry chicken for us tonight and it was fantastic! Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pictures of her or of our meal. But I did get pictures of her son and niece who came with her. They’re cute little ones and very well behaved. They sang songs for us, played in the backyard and they played with the Green Bay Packers dominoes and playing cards we brought along from home. We took note after they left that they both put the dominoes and cards back into their containers without ever being asked to pick up after themselves. They were only 3 and 4 years old.
    Name:  DSC04691.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  92.2 KB

Here’s our last sunset –
    Name:  DSC04694.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  74.8 KB

We are off to the airport tomorrow morning at 8:30. Norbert, of Cross Jamaica Tours, drove us to the airport. We had never met him or used their services before. He is a great driver and fun to talk to, although we weren't very talkative on our ride as we were sad to be leaving We plan to be back next year!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    Love this picture. I circled where I lived in 2001 behind the South Pole Bar. Thanks for this picture.
    Name:  aaaaaaaaIrieRest.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  87.5 KB
    It brings back a flood of memories. Especially the day after staying 6 months that I went Home.
    http://www.negril.com/discus/message...tml?1283862425

Peace and Guidance
    I'm happy to bring back wonderful memories for you Accompong. Thanks for sharing your old trip reports. I am enjoying them

We went to the market on the corner near Irie Rest a few times for Red Strip, Ting and juice. And we went past Irie Rest to get to the beach. I remember reading about it back when we were looking for a place to stay. It looks like a peaceful place.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjonsun View Post
    Good to see Stanley is still around. We met him a few years ago and he went with us to the baptist church in Billy's Bay for a Sunday morning service.
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...Treasure-Beach
    Regards,
    Bob
    Thanks for sharing Bob. That's a great story! I can't memorize something that I read, yet alone something that someone reads to me!

Stanley seems like a nice guy and his carvings are great! He was amusing to talk to. He had a small am/fm radio with a wire in place of the antennae that he was always carrying. He kept handing it to my husband to hold as he discussed our carving with me, the boss lady

User Info Menu

loved both reports! the beach down the hill past Irie Rest is one of my favorites - i hit it at sunrise one morning and it was all gold and black -- loads of things to look at without snorkeling --- i felt like i was in an aquarium

put Little Ochie on your list for your next TB visit . . . :-)