Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Trip Report - First Time in Treasure Beach

User Info Menu

First Trip Report - First Time in Treasure Beach

Our journey began with seven days in Negril. Here’s the beginning of my report - the Negril portion - if you’d like to read it - http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...ys-In-Paradise

March 2-7, 2016

Our favorite driver and friend, Michael Heath, picked us up from Blue Cave Castle to take us to Treasure Beach at 4pm. A little later than originally planned, but no problem mon We made a stop in Black River to pick up more Red Stripe, overproof, mixers and snacks on the way. Two years ago we took a day trip to YS Falls, Black River and Pelican Bar, so we had been to this area before.

After accidentally taking the “scenic route” to Treasure Beach, we arrived at our rental house around 8:30pm. Since it was dark outside and we had never been to this area before, I felt like we were in another world and wondered what it would look like in the light. When we arrived we were immediately surrounded by goats, dogs and cute little children all running around in their yard excited for new guests. The caretaker and her family live in 2 houses in the front of the property and the rental house is perched up on a rock behind them. Sarah, the caretaker, is very friendly and welcoming. She walked us up to the house and we were all in awe, at where we would be staying for the next 5 nights. I’m pretty sure Michael didn’t want to go back home to Sheffield that night

We were very hungry by this time, so we headed to Jack Sprat’s. Of course I had the escoveitch fish and it was delicious! This was our first of three visits to Jack Sprat’s during this trip. Sitting outside along the water is gorgeous there.

Once we returned to our home, it was getting pretty late but we couldn’t go to sleep yet! We were in a new place and the excitement was too much to go to sleep! I mixed a rum punch and gave my husband a Red Stripe and we sat and looked out at the vast moonlit ocean in front of us as we listened to the goats. It felt magical! That’s the best way for me to describe our stay at this house – magical! It’s very open to nature and a bit rustic, but we are OK with that and knew it ahead of time, so no surprise. I’ll let the photos speak for themselves, but I have to say that this is my favorite place I’ve ever stayed on vacation!

After a good night’s sleep, this is what we woke up to –
    Name:  DSC04145.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  79.7 KB
    Name:  DSC04148.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  78.9 KB
    Name:  20160303_093653.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  95.9 KB

And here are some pictures of the house –

Name:  DSC03942.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  91.0 KB

Shower view -
    Name:  DSC03943.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  89.7 KB
    Name:  DSC03947.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  89.9 KB
    Name:  20160303_093629.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  94.1 KB

Backyard -
    Name:  DSC04191.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  99.0 KB

Next door neighbors -
    Name:  DSC04333.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  100.6 KB

Stay tuned for more if you're interested...

User Info Menu

Re: First Trip Report - First Time in Treasure Beach

Definitely interested in more! We will be going to stay in TB for the second time in December. What's the name of the guesthouse you are staying at? It has amazing views.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    Definitely interested in more! We will be going to stay in TB for the second time in December. What's the name of the guesthouse you are staying at? It has amazing views.
    Spiff - The house we stayed in is called BARUKAMBA and we rented it through airbnb.com. It's in the Billy's Bay area of TB. Let me know if you have more questions about the place.

User Info Menu

That looks like a pretty cool set up.We like to party a lot but we may have to slow down a bit and give Treasure Beach a try at least for 3 or 4 days one trip.Looking forward to more of your reports and pictures!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by agregory View Post
    Spiff - The house we stayed in is called BARUKAMBA and we rented it through airbnb.com. It's in the Billy's Bay area of TB. Let me know if you have more questions about the place.
    I was living across the road at Irie Rest when Muta and Jackie were building the place. Nice location with a good view! I feel that Billy's Bay (second only to Accompong Town) was the best place I have lived in Jamaica. I will be reading with a lot of interest as you finish this report.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

looks like a great time in Treasure Beach, me and mine have been on a couple of day trips but have yet to spend a few daze, this trip report is making me think it's time we ventured further and stayed in Treasure Beach area,

great reports (both Negril and TB) thanks alot!!
    Peace,
    Islander

User Info Menu

We love the Treasure Beach area. We almost stayed at Barukamba last year, but opted for our usual guest house there instead. Maybe next time we'll go for it, but we really prefer to be on the water if possible. I like that shower though.

User Info Menu

Like all the pictures, but the old bus looks kool! Irie views!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

the stained glass is nothing i've seen before - love it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    I was living across the road at Irie Rest when Muta and Jackie were building the place. Nice location with a good view! I feel that Billy's Bay (second only to Accompong Town) was the best place I have lived in Jamaica. I will be reading with a lot of interest as you finish this report.

Peace and Guidance
    We really enjoyed Billy's Bay! After staying in Negril several times, it's nice to get out away from the "hustle". I'm sure we won't ever give up Negril completely, but we love to explore new places and the Treasure Beach area was a great place to do so. The people are all so friendly, happy and helpful. Plus, the beauty of the area is indescribable! We read an article about the construction of Barukamba. I would imagine that it was interesting to be around as it was built!

Maybe someday we'll venture to Accompong Town. I've read your posts about it and it sounds like we'd enjoy it After falling in love with Billy's Bay, which is your second favorite, I put Accompong Town on our must-see list!