Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Smooth peanut porridge in Negril

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Smooth peanut porridge in Negril

When i'm at home, making breakfast, i think back.

"we have regular porridge and peanut porridge" the lady said.

Hmmm, I'll try the peanut porridge and bread please.

Sitting in a local b-fast place, not on the beach, but on the Morass side, early in the morning is so nice.

You have the whole day just waiting for you.

It's like eating what we called "hot cereal" when I was growing up in the cold winter time.

Oatmeal, cream of wheat,malt-o-meal, etc.

You can take your time, and dream of things to come.

The mornings in Jamaica, 7-8 Am are quiet and the sun and wind is soft and comfortable.

Listening to the cook ladies sing while they work, eating my porridge like Oliver Twist.

My god, it's wonderful.

User Info Menu

Ahhh, brings back good memories. As you wrote, childhood breakfast was often hot cereal. I had my first cornmeal porridge at Royal Kitchen with the fabulous Errol cooking it. It was beyond words good!! Several yummy spices, especially nutmeg, were added....and it was sooooo filling. Seriously, not hungry for hours!!! Boy, do I miss Royal Kitchen!!

BTW, is Miss Jenny's still open??? Another one of my favorite breakfast spots in Negril. I am so looking forward to the winter visit that I am beside miself!! Thanks Markospoon for reminding me again of just how wonderful the moments are in Negril. After 25 plus trips, the excitement is still there and always wanting more... I'm definitely hooked and happy about it!