Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our first trip to Jamaica - TR

User Info Menu

Loved reading your trip report.The video was really helpful to get an idea of Catcha Falling Star.
    We have to find this famous Vincent on our next reach! Any advice on where to find him? We've been hoping for a sea turtle sighting but haven't had one yet. Great underwater shot of the ray! Thank you so much for sharing

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting the video! It's so nice to see Catcha back to looking beautiful, and it sure does! So happy to see that!

Clarity! Yes!!! Water trampolines at Margaritaville, so fun!!
    Name:  trampoline2.JPG
Views: 354
Size:  30.4 KB
    Name:  trampoline.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  29.9 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Honey518 View Post
    Nice report-Glad you and "Babe" had a great first trip! Now, the million dollar question is... Which to do you prefer Cliffs or Beach?
    Loved both, so short answer is "Yes!"

Will definitely do a split again. Deciding in which order would take some consideration. Probably cliffs first to 'chillax' and get into the JA vibe.
    Doing a tour on the transfer day was the ticket as not 'wasting' a day moving to new resort.

Winston

User Info Menu

oops, sorry for the small pics, I wasn't paying attention, here they are again

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trampoline.JPG 
Views:	475 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trampoline2.JPG 
Views:	426 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	710

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Great trip report and awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing this!

I particularly loved the footage of Catcha. We're planning on splitting our next stay between the cliffs and the beach next time we go to Negril. It looks so beautiful! What a view from the Libra cottage!
    Catcha was great, and pretty hard to beat location of Libra cottage.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    We didn't get to Margaritaville on our last trip. You mentioned swim/jumping on a trampoline. I didn't know they had trampolines there! Are the trampolines over the water? I'll have to check that out!
    and that chocolate monkey looks so delicious!
    As stated previously, they have trampolines just offshore of Margaritaville, they are in about 5-6 feet of water.

Yes, they make some very tasty blender drinks at Ivans (had many dirty bananas!)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hubby-man View Post
    Loved reading your trip report.The video was really helpful to get an idea of Catcha Falling Star.
    We have to find this famous Vincent on our next reach! Any advice on where to find him? We've been hoping for a sea turtle sighting but haven't had one yet. Great underwater shot of the ray! Thank you so much for sharing
    He travels back and forth along the cliff resorts looking for business, look for his boat 'Elvira' and just flag him down and set up time for trip.
    $25pp (I gave tips as well)
    His web page has his phone number,http://famousvincent.coolnegril.com/
    Name:  Jamaica 20110425 022 [800x600].jpg
Views: 403
Size:  58.0 KB

Out at the reef
    Name:  Jamaica 20110425 030 [800x600].JPG
Views: 428
Size:  84.8 KB

Thank you all for the positive comments on the trip report.

User Info Menu

Great report - glad you enjoyed the trip!

We're definitely beach people, but we occasionally like to stay a few days on the cliffs, too. Catcha is our favorite place to stay on the cliffs, and your video brought back some great memories!

User Info Menu

Great trip report. I was in Libra all of last week and am having huge withdraws. The room is perfect as in Catcha and all it's staff. Can't wait to get back. Thanks for the read.

User Info Menu

Just returned from 10 days at Catcha........... again, one of our favorite places to spend a peaceful time......
    Last edited by Scott and Janet; 05-15-2011 at 09:17 PM.

User Info Menu

Nice report, Winston! Love the pictures