Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our first trip to Jamaica - TR

User Info Menu

Wow that's a big ray, very impressive .... was Catcha expensive with all the meals and drinks?

User Info Menu

My tab for the week was $1400. Over $1k of that was alcohol . Drinks are relatively pricey, but the good thing is Wise Choice groceries are nearly across the street and you can buy your beers there. The China man shop at the round about was cheaper, however once you factor in the cab ride it's roughly the same. The food prices are comparable to the US if you are American. My wife and I drank everyday all day, so we might not be a good comparison.

User Info Menu

nice report and pics, thank you for taking the time to share. This is the first trip report I have read on the new board, well done! That is nice you got to do both the AI experience and the cliffs--gives you a broader perspective of the place.

User Info Menu

all those massages--that is the way to go, talk about true relaxation. Was the masseuse through Catcha? I am looking into find someone that can give me a massage in my room on the beach when I go. I would rather budget for a massage or two than expensive meals.

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting the video of "Catcha", really enjoyed the beginning of the video out on the West End Road. Seeing Seastar Lane, Wise Choice and Leroy's brings back many many memories....

Thanks,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    Wow that's a big ray, very impressive .... was Catcha expensive with all the meals and drinks?
    We did not think Catcha was out of line price wise at all. For comparable quality, Ivan's is way less expensive than restaurants in British Columbia. We averaged $130 day for food and quite a few drinks. For the price of drinks, I think the dirty bananas were around $7 and sour sop martinis were $8, there is a thread on old board with drink menu pictures. Below are Ivan's food menus...
    Breakfast (back page not pictured)
    Name:  Jamaica 20110423 005 [800x600].JPG
Views: 258
Size:  72.9 KB

Fruit plate
    Name:  Jamaica 20110423 008 [800x600].JPG
Views: 304
Size:  94.1 KB

Lunch
    Name:  Jamaica 20110425 073 [800x600].JPG
Views: 294
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  Jamaica 20110425 074 [800x600].JPG
Views: 304
Size:  70.3 KB

Snapper sandwich, delicious
    Name:  Jamaica 20110425 075 [800x600].jpg
Views: 301
Size:  59.6 KB

Name:  Jamaica 20110425 077 [800x600].JPG
Views: 305
Size:  62.3 KB

Appys great, loved the jerk shrimp, shrimp wrapped in plantain and bamboo chicken
    Name:  Jamaica 20110425 078 [800x600].JPG
Views: 284
Size:  74.8 KB

Name:  Jamaica 20110425 079 [800x600].JPG
Views: 282
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  Jamaica 20110425 080 [800x600].JPG
Views: 292
Size:  76.0 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irieworld View Post
    all those massages--that is the way to go, talk about true relaxation. Was the masseuse through Catcha? I am looking into find someone that can give me a massage in my room on the beach when I go. I would rather budget for a massage or two than expensive meals.
    Yes, Oya is the masseuse recommended through Catcha and she is wonderful.
    http://www.catchajamaica.com/massagepack.htm
    Lots of experience and great lady, she's been doing massages in Negril for many years.
    http://www.jamaicamassage.com/index.php
    We will be saving up for massages and tasty food and drinks on our next Negril trip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hubby-man View Post
    Loved reading your trip report.The video was really helpful to get an idea of Catcha Falling Star.
    We have to find this famous Vincent on our next reach! Any advice on where to find him? We've been hoping for a sea turtle sighting but haven't had one yet. Great underwater shot of the ray! Thank you so much for sharing
    Hope this helps
    http://famousvincent.coolnegril.com/
    How much further? Oh, just around the bend.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLFA4931216CEBD1FA

User Info Menu

Drank some rum with Andre at Aqua and spent some time at Catcha also.Sounds like you had a great time.

User Info Menu

Great report! Thanks for sharing