Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP: Thoughts and Suggestions Needed PLEASE!!

User Info Menu

we were very happy with Ricks, good for people watching and it is a "Icon" on the West End..............and we waited untill our 3rd or 4th trip to go to Dunns River Falls, same as Ricks, shame to miss, we wish we would have done it first time....we have went 3 times in20 yrs..............we thought the falls were fun and cooling.....
    All Day also I'm afraid
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by plangholff View Post
    We want to stay at an all-inclusive we would like to have a variety of food from casual to fine dining. We don't need to be waited on hand and foot, but if we were to have any questions I would like to be able to have someone there to ask and help. We would like to try some water sports and not have to pay to much extra for them. We want to stay right on the beach and be able to take some walks on the beach also. We would also like to take a small trip off the resort to see the island a little. Maybe to see the cliffs and take a hike!! We really are just looking to lay back and relex but also have the chance to experience things that we can't here at home in Wisconsin!! Hope this helps a little, I will also take your advise of using the threads on here to find some information!
    Plangholff:

It sounds to me like you are describing Couples Swept Away...if you can afford it.

1. Couples is AI.
    2. CSA has 6 restaurants (one of which, Feathers, is fine dining that requires long pants and closed toed shoes for the gentlemen.
    3. The staff and service is friendly and fantastic. They will go out of your way for you, but will not agressively try to get you involved in the daily, scheduled activities.
    4. Most water sports are included in the price. This includes surf skis, hobie cats (with lessons if needed), water skiing, snorkling, glass bottom boat, catamaran sunset cruise (to the cliffs), and scuba diving (with lessons if needed).
    5. Two of their room categories sit right on and face the beach. These would be the Beachfront Suites and Beachfront Verandah Suites. Don't let the names fool you. They are rooms, not multi-roomed suites. But the potios/balconies are huge.
    6. CSA is toward the north end of Long Bay (the +/- 5 mile piece of Seven Mile Beach) from which you can stroll along the beach for miles.
    7. CSA has a "tour desk" that can set you up with local tours. These excursions do cost extra.
    8. There is nothing better than kicking back and relaxing on the beach, and CSA has some of the best beach in Negril. What is more relaxing than sticking your green flag in the sand and a bartender coming to you right there to take your order? (Although we just usually go get our own.) I think they have 6 bars, so there is always one nearby. All of the chairs on the beach and at the pool have 'floaties/rafts" on them to be used in the water and to make the beach loungers more comfortable.

Things about CSA that you didn't mention or ask about...

If you like a lot of glitz and glam at a resort, you will NOT really find that here. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but you will not find marble counter tops and lots of brass. The grounds are lush and well kept.
    CSA is a large property, but does not feel crowded.
    They have a terrific spa and fitness facility with gym, lap pool, racquet ball/squash, tennis and basketball.
    There is nightly entertainment on site every night. Some nights are better than others.
    They have what they call a Disco. It is fairly small and it depends on the type of guests at the time if it's going to be "hoppin".
    There is a "No Tipping" policy at the rersort.

Here's a link to their website if you'd like more information.

http://couples.com/swept-away/
    Last edited by Johio; 10-16-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    Johio

User Info Menu

Don't know if it is suggested yet, but this is an AI that is still close in Negril and offers alot of options. http://www.riu.com/en/Paises/jamaica...gril/index.jsp

User Info Menu

Thanks Johio, I had a friend stay there and enjoyed it very much. How many times have you stayed there? Is it pretty expensive then? Thanks for you help!

User Info Menu

Try Negril Treehouse Ocean view suites and experience Negril other restaurants. We provide breakfast