Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: renting jet ski's on the beach

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maryann View Post
    Wish they'd ban those awful Jet-Skis. We could all live without them.
    Some Carribean Islands have done just that....it is doable!

User Info Menu

I swim laps in the morning too, and I don't care for the jet skis. There are a few responsible, courteous jet ski riders but the majority I've come across seem reckless and come and go in to the beach way too fast. If alchohol and inexperience on a jet ski are in the mix, it's not a good thing - I'm surprised we don't hear of more injuries.

User Info Menu

They drive their jet skis like they drive their cars and crotch rockets.....why would you expect anything differant?

User Info Menu

"Jet ski's are overlooked for the sake of "tourism", even though they are extremely dangerous and harmful to the environment.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I hate those things. They've tried "limiting" where they can go and those limitations have been ignored. Back when Little Bloody Bay was a Marine Sanctuary there were to be NO motorized anything out there still - some fools from the RIU not only rode them there but tried to cross the reef into the bay - grinding as they went. They must have heard our shrieks or figured out they were some place they weren't supposed to be cause they turned around eventually.

I see folks riding them up by where I live where they are not supposed to be either - forget environment, if something happens to you out there there is no one to hear you scream (by the time I get the Marine Patrol on the phone you'd be dead). They are noisy, they are polluting, they are dangerous and they were the worst idea ever conceived for water entertainment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by seekingthesun View Post
    Wondering how much and for how long? Has anyone enjoyed doing this?
    We owned jet skis for years and along with a kegerator the funnest things we have ever purchased. We took ours to the river and lake. We rented them once in Jamaica when we were staying on another part of the island.

I saw jet skis while in Negril and I am pretty sure finding what you need should be a question of asking. I think like most things that bring pleasure, they are bad for you or the environment: food, booze, sex, cigar or weed (none smoker). Please be careful, they like to hotdog.
    IREE....JAMAICAN BORN AND BRED

User Info Menu

Back on topic of the OP question, yes I have enjoyed doing this in the past but not in Negril and only once in Jamaica. I am not here to judge.
    IREE....JAMAICAN BORN AND BRED

User Info Menu

Not only are they a blight on the environment; it's just one more constant higgle if you're swimming near the ropes.