Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

sigh

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    sigh
    I know, sweets, I know...

User Info Menu

AHH, That view!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I had a couple of what I call “National Geographic” moments during this reach where I came up close and personal with sea life, insects and four-legged land animals. Here is the first. A guy asked me if I wanted to take a picture of the “thing” in his hand. I thought it was cool looking until I notice it was moving.

“What the h…!! What is it??”
    “Sea urchin.”
    “Oh wow…wow”
    I snapped two pictures of it, and then shot a quick clip. The video is a little mesmerizing and kind of creepy, but harmless.

https://youtu.be/gLZ1JRPCeFY

Although I’m fascinated with the heavy, spiny creature, I worry that it’s suffering. “What are you going to do with it?”
    “Throw it back.”
    He promptly walked to the ocean edge and tossed it back in the water.

Now I understand why stepping on one or having a needle in your skin is so painful. The points are hard and sharp.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I went to visit Marcus and buy a cold jelly. He had plenty of them on ice. Told him to pick me out one full of meat. There was a couple there waiting for their coconuts to be prepared for drinking.

She danced over to me and asked me to take her picture. I was all for that. Her name is Nikki and she’s a model. Her personality is a lively and bright as her smile. Her companion is a co-worker. Both were outgoing and just plain fun. They were there with a crew shooting a music video. I didn’t ask the artist's name once I found out it wasn’t Maxi Priest or any male member of Morgan Heritage. So I sat and watched from afar.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Back to my visit with Marcus. He was proud to show me the improvements he made since I saw him in April. Such as erecting a covering and adding a table and bench. He also shared his concerns and how staying in business is a constant struggle. He looked more serious than I remembered and thinner. I also notice the twinkle in his eye is a little dimmer. But I also saw and felt his determination to put up a fight to remain in business on Winnifred beach. He can count on me to be a loyal customer.

Soon it was time to depart Winnifred. This is the view from the road, through the trees. I was told there will be a stage show and party on Saturday. As much as I would love to attend, the thought of being trapped on that road for possibly more than an hour when it’s time to leave, told me to let this one pass.