Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

NNNNNOOOOOO DON'T leave Winnifred!!!!! These pictures have me SPEECHLESS!!!!!! But that's Jamaica!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

LOL nuh fret so me fren...me haff plenteeeeee!!!!

User Info Menu

I don't want to leave winnifred either

User Info Menu

LOL Okay...here's a few more then I have to move on...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

ok, ya'll can go! lol, I'm going to stay here at Marcus's shop on da beach! With Red Stripe in hand and go have fun with da locals. Respect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Might have to bypass negril next summer and go back to PA. I want to do the Blue Mountain peak hike.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    ok, ya'll can go! lol, I'm going to stay here at Marcus's shop on da beach! With Red Stripe in hand and go have fun with da locals. Respect.
    Vince I knew you could picture yourself enjoying good conversation with a number of folks in those pictures. And I have a feeling you and Marcus would hit it off. He’s good people. Just get there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    Might have to bypass negril next summer and go back to PA. I want to do the Blue Mountain peak hike.
    Greetings Flipadelphia26! I did the Blue Mountains a couple of years ago and been longing to return since. The bike tour is very organized and more popular than I thought. However I rode in a car all the way up. What I loved most about that mountain trek were the falls!! You would hear the rush of the falling water before you see it. Amazing!!! Stick around and perhaps you'll see other places to add to your "reason to return" list.

User Info Menu

Today is Reach Falls Day…YAY! Tommy was right on time picking me up. He’s been before, but not with ME! LOL

I LOVE this Long Bay ocean view from the road!

We stopped in Long Bay to buy cooked white rice. I gave him 1000J. “Try to get a pot full!” He gave me a wave then went inside.

To get the party started, I pulled out my MP3 player & speaker. It was on the R&B set which means the reggae chunes will queue on the way back. Perfect.

He comes out with a small, styrofoam container…about 4 cups of rice. Hands me 800J change and says that’s all they have. “What are you going to do with the rice?”
    “I told you last night! I’m going to feed the fishies. This is not going to be enough.”
    “They said they couldn’t spare more than that. It’s early, dem just start cook for the day.”

We pull off listening to Macy Grey, When I See You. Tune was upbeat enough to take my thoughts off of asking him to stop somewhere else for more rice.

Here’s a video of part of the drive there. This gives you an idea of what those back, deep in the country roads look like. And of course the lush vegetation makes a nice scenic view.

https://youtu.be/0z7-_ysLRLs

User Info Menu

Ahhh, nice likkle ride through the lush country side! I could live there deep in da hills!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]