Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

(((VI))) its a VI report... I love surprises...thank you Honey... You know I am following along with you Sweetie... I'm so excited and happy that you were able to visit your happy place.. Really enjoying the video's.. You go girlie...

User Info Menu

Vince, the man loves working with bamboo. The fact that he came up with a creative use for the root shows his fascination with it. hmmm come to think of it, bamboo has always fascinated me tooooooo!!!!!!

BaileysMom, I appreciate your kind comments and now seeing you and BaileysDad are considering visiting Portland has me smiling all over the place. My main objective for writing reports is to make people on this board aware of what Portland has to offer the sworn lover of Jamaica. While I talk about what I do, I focus on the “who, what & where” in Portland rather than simply recounting a personal moment. Since it takes more time and money to even get to Portland, I thought the pictures, videos & tips could help folks decide whether it would be worth the effort.

SPARKLE!!! Welcome to the ride girlfriend! I knew you would eventually peek in and see it. I can hear you now…”oh my lands…after all these weeks of promising, vi finally started the report” LOL A lot more is on the way so take a seat on the other side of Vince.

User Info Menu

And so much bamboo everywhere, honestly you would think there would be more crafters out there. So now all I talk about is PA, our kids say what about going to see Delroy? (he lives in Orange Bay in da hills) I said, he can join us in PA, we can go pick him and and hit the road to PA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Vince, that’s a great idea!!! I bet Delroy would LOVE the opportunity to visit Portland with you and your family. You would trip over his reaction to being there! I have a ball taking Jamaicans to new places and I know you will too!

User Info Menu

Cleveland was the closest so he came for me. He told me he was hungry so since he came out in the storm, I said I would treat him to lunch. He stopped at this little cook shop located on the right side of the strip as you exit Port Antonio. He asked if he should get it to go. I wasn’t hungry but would get a drink so we can stay and chill.

The first area upon entering is the bar. We were led to the back “patio” where there was a choice of one of the four modestly set tables. I was pleasantly surprised with the dining area. It was cozy with a very relaxed ambiance.

Hard to tell from this picture, but even with the overcast the ocean view was beautiful.

I made up my mind to return on a clear day so I could get the full appreciation of this scene.

User Info Menu

C’s meal

I had a taste and the food was delicious. The pork was super tender and full of flavor. The cost including a drink was only 600J. My double shot of overproof rum, a sweet 300J. When I return to Portland I’ll make it a priority to try three cook shops on the strip because, although I love the home cooked meals from my friends in the neighborhood, I see I’ve been missing out on meeting chefs and promoting local dining businesses. I highly recommend this place. Clean, friendly staff and tasty food. Good location...very easy to find.

The rain stopped so that means the party by the sea is on!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=*vi*;180707]Vince, that’s a great idea!!! I bet Delroy would LOVE the opportunity to visit Portland with you and your family. You would trip over his reaction to being there! I have a ball taking Jamaicans to new places and I know you will too!
    Dellie and I talk about 2 times a week to chat it up a bit, on our reaches, we have him with us every where we or I go. On our beer run, I jump on the back of the bike with bag pack on and we hit the community grocery store. HIs Mom cooks for us a on some, some days we go to da store and we buy stuff "local style" cooking for the community and have a block party. good times! Last reach I remember play cricket in the church grounds. The yutes cut up a cricket bat for us and we played for hours!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=*vi*;180709]C’s meal

I had a taste and the food was delicious. The pork was super tender and full of flavor. The cost including a drink was only 600J. My double shot of overproof rum, a sweet 300J. When I return to Portland I’ll make it a priority to try three cook shops on the strip because, although I love the home cooked meals from my friends in the neighborhood, I see I’ve been missing out on meeting chefs and promoting local dining businesses. I highly recommend this place. Clean, friendly staff and tasty food. Good location...very easy to find.

The rain stopped so that means the party by the sea is on! View is inviting! And good prices MON!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Yeah Vince, Delroy is your bredren for true. If you are planning to kick it in Portland then no better person to have join you than a solid yaad friend like him. I so enjoy surprising my friend by taking her on special outings to places she’s never been. I have a feeling that experiencing Portland with Dellie will intensify your friendship. I will be happy to give you more details about anything I’ve experienced. Just ask.

Now about the food. Yes it is very reasonable and plentiful no matter where I purchased it from.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Yeah Vince, Delroy is your bredren for true. If you are planning to kick it in Portland then no better person to have join you than a solid yaad friend like him. I so enjoy surprising my friend by taking her on special outings to places she’s never been. I have a feeling that experiencing Portland with Dellie will intensify your friendship. I will be happy to give you more details about anything I’ve experienced. Just ask.

Now about the food. Yes it is very reasonable and plentiful no matter where I purchased it from.
    Will do *vi*, now back to your report
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]