Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

" The first time I walked inside, the interior threw me back to 1980 when I and my girls would hit the spots every Friday & Saturday night. The sectional, black faux leather padded seats enclosing a booth would be our station for the night. Dainty glasses of slow gin fizzes lined the wobbly table where we sat waiting for various characters to stroll by and ask us to dance. OR if “Shame” by Evelyn Champagne King came on…then we all jumped on the dance floor partners or not." Oh Vi. did you bring back memories... Girl...I know just the spot you are referring to... LOL what fun we had there...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billndonna View Post
    Silently following your wonderful report Vi,you do a great job and your pictures are fabulous.Thanks for sharing!!
    Hey billndonna! Glad to know you are riding along and enjoying the scenery, but don’t be silent…chime in anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    got my portland fix this morning . . . thanks vi . . .
    JitterBug! Was wondering when you were going to give me a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Are ya serious.... " Shame" by Evelyn Champagne King "" brought me back, and so made me smile... we are sooooo gonna roll together ...someday !!!
    I’ve got my calendar out plotting my 2017 returns…hopefully we can coordinate something, JoJo.

Quote Originally Posted by SPARKLE1010 View Post
    Oh Vi. did you bring back memories... Girl...I know just the spot you are referring to... LOL what fun we had there...
    I remember the fun AND the trouble we got into at that place. LOL

User Info Menu

I hear him talk to someone, but tuned out the words. I decided to just let whatever happens go ahead and happen. I’m on holiday in Portland and meeting people is part of it.

“He’s coming, but will be late.”
    “Late like what? And what is your name? And when did I agree to meet anyone??”
    He laughed and told me not to worry. “My name is Chris and they call his uncle, Tractor.”
    “Trevor? His name is Trevor?”
    “No, Tractor. Tractor like the big rigs…Tractor.”
    “Tractor. Interesting. With a name like that, should I worry?”

Just as he was about to rev up conversation #2, Desta, Chubby’s wife, came for me. I tell Chris I’ll be right back then we went into the bar for re-fills. While in there, I got to know our host and hostess a little better. We talked about the club and how long they’ve been in business. Unfortunately I don’t remember the details because the rum kinda blurred my memory. But definitely a great team that I intend on seeing a lot more of.

I didn’t realize I was inside so long. When I stepped out, the crowd looked like it tripled in numbers. People were everywhere and the music was louder. It was around 12:45 so I decided to call it a night. Weaved my way through the mass of people, out to the road and soon I’m back to my room.

After nibbling on left-over chicken, I look at all my pictures from the party. Shoot…this was it! For the first time, I forgot about the camera. That tells me I had a great time.

Couldn’t help feeling that I was forgetting something. Then it hit me…Chris’ uncle Tractor! Shoot!

User Info Menu

THANK GOODNESS you don’t need a bikini to enter Bikini Beach!

I took two teen ladies with me to Bikini Beach today. They wanted to go to Frenchman’s Cove. I did too, but I needed to PICK up some things and since I had a few extra hands to help carry the stuff I steered us towards town. Besides…bikini beach is free…lol

Martina wanted a patty from the patty truck. But I swear I’ve never seen less than 15 people waiting in line to get patties at that truck. I wanted to try one myself, but I wasn’t about to stand in that heat for 20 minutes or more for patties. Told her we're gonna save that for some other time and she responded to that by sulking.

I freeze...

“Martina, are you about to make me regret bringing you?!?”
    “No.” she whispered. “I really wanted a patty.”
    “We’ll get something when we get to the beach.”
    “Okay!” she said all perky.
    LOL I have zero tolerance for teen-tude even in Jamaica.

The beach was packed on this glorious sunny day. I love this beach…so convenient and persistently entertaining. I always meet colorful characters when I come here and today there was plenty. We claim a table and chill for a few minutes before the girls get in the water.

User Info Menu

Three minutes later, we’re on the move. The girls head to the water and I go to visit the Coconutman. I think his name is Clarence…I’m pretty sure it begins with a “C”. You would think I’d remember the name of the man who proposed to me two times…lol.

Anyway, we chat about business and how life’s been treating each other since my last visit. He has lots of huge pineapples. He grows everything he sells. Today he has pineapple and coconuts. I ask about the mangos. I always get my mangos from him. He said "Only one mango did show all season...and a someone thief it."

I get pineapple for the girls and a cold jelly coconut for me.

He has an assistant. This guy peels & cores a pineapple like he’s performing surgery.

He said “Me love cleaning de pine, but me nuh eat it.”
    “Oh no??? Never?”
    “No, neva.”

I take pictures while I’m waiting for the pine-sculpture finish slicing away at that pine. He takes his time…lol.

User Info Menu

I would of had to stick around to see what a guy with the name 'tractor'' looks like !!! (LMAO)

User Info Menu

Miss jojo, (snicker) there is a continuation to that...soon come...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

This guy saw me taking pictures and asked to be in them. Actually he insisted on it. Told me he’s an aspiring singer and is always promoting himself. He began posing like it was a staged photo shoot. He was very animated.

“Hey Miss…Are you a photographer?”
    “No, I just like taking pictures.”

Asked me to video his performance and put it on youtube. Wow…my very first semi-professional producing gig.

Okay all you talent scouts out there…the next Buju???

https://youtu.be/1UNKSKnLybA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    This guy saw me taking pictures and asked to be in them. Actually he insisted on it. Told me he’s an aspiring singer and is always promoting himself. He began posing like it was a staged photo shoot. He was very animated.

“Hey Miss…Are you a photographer?”
    “No, I just like taking pictures.”

Asked me to video his performance and put it on youtube. Wow…my very first semi-professional producing gig.

Okay all you talent scouts out there…the next Buju???

https://youtu.be/1UNKSKnLybA
    CHIT! I like this guy!! Finger snapping music! Irie!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]