Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

Meet the kids…

Deidra, Ashley and Jay-R

These two really had a great time the entire afternoon. A good part of it was spent laying flat on the water and letting the current carry them down stream. As I leaned on a rock, chillin in my space, they drifted by and invited me to join them. Now wasn’t that sweet!! I told them “No, I better not for fear of damming up the flow!”

I miss everyone in Portland who I’ve met and gotten close to. But I tell you, I miss these three as though they were my own children. I shed a tear or two the first time I looked at these photos when I returned home. For them to be young in age and meeting me for the first time, they showed more than cordial respect towards me. They let me know when I said or did something “cool” or to their liking. They shared whatever they had with me. They asked about my children and why they weren’t with me. They wanted me in the pictures with them. In other words it was like we already had a bond, we were simply re-united. I miss them so much…

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Vince…oh my…THANK YOU for that wonderful expression. I can “feel” your heart in those words. However, SammyB, Takinitslow, Rob and anyone else who has spent time in Portland will simultaneous proclaim that none of these pictures capture the true beauty of that place. Just wait…you’ll see…

Sammy…here you go…

Pictures don't do Portland any justice. Its far more beautiful than you can describe. Once you go there you will understand. Its like trying to describe the feeling of smoking a sub to someone who has never. It is impossible. But Vi the pictures help us who are starting to long to return make it till the day soon come. And help me make a list of new places to explore!!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Ahh, a excuse for me to continue acting like a kid!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by takinitslow View Post
    .... But Vi the pictures help us who are starting to long to return make it till the day soon come. And help me make a list of new places to explore!!!
    Thank you for hanging in with me, takinitslow. Thank you for your positive and very true comments about Portland. And if there is anything you want to know, just give me a shout.

Now I’m not proclaiming to be an authority or know-it-all about the place. I’m still in cultural elementary class where that is concerned. But I love that part of Jamaica the most. I don’t mind letting others know why while providing factual information to help them possibly start their own love affair with Portland.

User Info Menu

Meet the kids…

User Info Menu

It was time to leave Hillside and return to Port Antonio. So everyone dries off and piles back into Tommy’s ride.

Two final pictures and a video

https://youtu.be/XgJjU_yCliM

User Info Menu

What are they using that big front end loader in the river rock? Road materials? I was wondering who gets the money from the big loads of material from the river bed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Thank you for hanging in with me, takinitslow. Thank you for your positive and very true comments about Portland. And if there is anything you want to know, just give me a shout.

Now I’m not proclaiming to be an authority or know-it-all about the place. I’m still in cultural elementary class where that is concerned. But I love that part of Jamaica the most. I don’t mind letting others know why while providing factual information to help them possibly start their own love affair with Portland.

You have way more experience than I do. I am just stalking you for ideas. Hope you don't mind. The only bad thing I think we discovered last year was that it was hard to get any kind of American style breakfast. In Negril its everywhere I didn't realize it would be so hard to find down there. My wife is not a fan of Jamacian breakfast. But we solved that this year as we will have our own kitchen. I cant wait to have breakfast and drink coffee while looking at the ocean!!!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    What are they using that big front end loader in the river rock? Road materials? I was wondering who gets the money from the big loads of material from the river bed?
    Vince, hopefully it is new road construction.

User Info Menu

Takinitslow, stalk all you want lol. As far as American breakfast, the only places I know of that serves it are in town and the larger hotels. But you are doing the best thing having a kitchen. That way you can pamper your wife and serve her breakfast in bed. Don’t laugh but I’ve been taking eggs, bacon, cheese, margarine, limes and S&P for a couple of years now. Why? Because like your wife sometimes I want eggs in the AM.