Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

GREETINGS MilwaukeeMike!

I really appreciate your comment. Nice to hear you are returning to Portland and taking friends and a newbie with you. You stayed on Navy Island???? Where? I ventured over there about 2 years ago and the only hotel I saw was the abandoned Flynn place. Is there something on the other side??? Oh and it breaks my heart to hear you lost your precious photos. Well now you get to start a new library of memories. Wait till you see the changes and of course the familiar.

A route taxi from town to Boston is 150J. You won’t have a travel problem either way. In fact, you are in the perfect location to get to anywhere…especially on foot. You have food and bar options at the marina along with a beautiful beach. Upstairs in the Royal Mall, there’s a place called the Urban Spoon that serves good meals. There are two restaurants and a great chill bar inside the strawmarket by the sea. You can visit Rock Bottom before or after your meal…smile. Then along the road way on the left as you head to Boston is a string of fruit stands and cook shops. The place where Cleveland ate is located on that trek. I do recommend that little spot for food and drinks.

Since you are staying in a guesthouse, it would be to your benefit to take a route taxi to Ramtullas (sp) grocery store to do your marketing then charter a taxi back for about $5US. There are markets in town, but I prefer Ramtaullas because better variety and larger. As you can tell, I can on and on when it comes to Portland…even answering questions you haven’t asked.

User Info Menu

LOL jojo, you’re probably right about the searching for trouble in Portland. Trust me it’s there, just not at every turn. That’s why I suggest you do a split which is what I have planned for next summer. So yeah, a “we” hook up is very possible. I’ll try to get to the tractor story today, but if not, definitely tomorrow. The a few side videos & pictures then the curtain call…

Vince, the place is seriously huge up close and I was told it is a private residence for the owner and his sons’ families. But I could live there!!! Just enough space for me and my big caboose. I was also told about a guesthouse up higher that overlooks that sea area. I’ll be searching for it next reach.

User Info Menu

I could rest mi head there at nite too, with the country vibe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Vi where is Ramtullas? I need to put location on my list!~!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Takinitslow, very easy to find. It’s on the right side on the main road as you exit Port Antonio. A few yards before reaching the entrance of Folly Field this is on your left. The store is peach color cement enclosed by a tall, tri-color grilled fence. I have a picture and will slip it in here when I find it. And if you are also getting vegetables on your way in, stop at the small produce stand between the jerk center and the beach in Boston. That man's products are always fresh, plus he's a really nice guy.

User Info Menu

I was in the water for over an hour. It was so invigorating; I didn’t want to get out. The current is constantly pushing forward then pulling back from the shore causing waves to appear out of nowhere which kept you on your toes…literally. Plenty of times they would swell and roll over our heads bringing us to gasp to catch our breath while wiping the water from our laughing face.

As I moved about the sometimes rocky sea floor, bouncing to the rhythm of the waves, I kept asking was why did I wait to so long to do this??

I so wanted to get as close to the rocks as possible, maybe even hold on and walk along side them so I can feel the force of the current swirl around my body. I wanted cling to the side of the cliff and let the waves massage my body. But Sharon, who noticed I was easing closer and closer towards that direction, warned me not to get too close. I obeyed and stayed in the center with the group.

The children popped up and shouted to each other “OVER HERE…OVER HERE!!!” each time they spotted a fish or two. You couldn’t help but smile and remember what it was like to be delighted by those new discoveries when you were a child. I made a mental note to add water goggles for the children to my shopping list.

User Info Menu

Everyone relocated to the shallows of the sea so they can sit and play. I decided now is a good time to stroll around and take pictures.

Here’s a vid of my group swimming, splashing and squealing all before 10:00 on my last full day in Portland.

https://youtu.be/b7yXSwFOTjE

User Info Menu

Another good ole chill spot! Ahhhhh!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Lovely...hate the end is near

User Info Menu

I think *vi* said she had around 300 pictures she had taken. I'm ready for more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]