Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

Actually, Vince, I have over 1,200 photos and over 40 videos from that visit. Thank goodness for digital technology!!!!!

User Info Menu

Speaking of my photo obsession, here are a few from my stroll.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Actually, Vince, I have over 1,200 photos and over 40 videos from that visit. Thank goodness for digital technology!!!!!
    AHHH, Hell yea!!! I'm ready for these next 1k pictures
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

LOL I don't think the rest of the board community feels the same so I'll commit to a few more.

User Info Menu

lol^^^ Ya wanna bet *vi*? Your vision and sights, has me, we and the rest that are on board wishing and wanting to be in PA now. Bless our eyes with your captures of the beauty of PA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Vince…I don’t know about the rest of the folks, but your desire to experience Portland has me wanting that to happen for you so bad!!! Portland isn’t for everybody, Luv, and no number of pretty pictures will change that, but I know it’s for you. I can’t wait for you to see the images in my pictures come to life before your eyes. I can’t wait for you to feel the vibe you know in your heart exists there. I can’t for you to hear the voices of the welcoming people hail you and call you fren.

P.S. Vince, I appreciate all your support and kind words not only in my reports, but in all the threads that you join in. For the record…sharing your genuine, unbiased positive comments, IMO, is very valuable to this community. PLEASE don’t ever leave…even if me and my pictures do…lol

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I had a wonderful conversation with Chubby, Desta and their daughter, Lisa. Chubby shared future plans with me and I’m VERY interested in one in particular. It will be a community event that I intend to support and maybe even participate in. Not going to disclose more about it just in case it doesn’t happen, but WHEN it does (I’m staying optimistic) I’ll be there with my cameras loaded with 64G SD cards so I can sing their praises in a post or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Another good ole chill spot! Ahhhhh!!
    Vince, you are absolutely right. This is where I will always come to remember forgotten dreams and give them renewed hope.

It was a gorgeous day. Way too pleasant to be thinking about the unpleasantness of leaving. But not only did I have to think about it, I had to prepare for it. So I let the group know I was going to make my way back to my room and do some things. Sadly, that was my first round of “good-byes” for this most soul satisfying visit.

User Info Menu

REFRESHING!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks *vi*, for keep the journey flowing! The boat picture is irie! I noticed on that 1 picture with the stone wall by the ocean. That red thing is that a Red Stripe empty case?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Our first visit we stayed at Triff's Inn which at the bottom of the road to Bonnie View. The second time we stayed on Navy Island. It was in receivership so no one was doing any up keep. A fella named Pepperseed took us from the marina to the island in a small fishing boat. Once there we went left instead of right which is where the Flynn ruins were. It had a swimming pool with a little algae in it but not too bad. There were maybe 8 circular buildings, each covered in thatch. When I opened our house door, I counted 23 lizards which I took as a good sign that mosquito's wouldn't be an issue. The place was charming. We had rented 4 buildings. It began to rain. We heard shrieks from one of the buildings and learned that it came with a rotten roof and "liquid moonshine" was pouring on their bed. lol. They got switched and we had no more lodging fun stories. There was a nice restaurant where we were dropped off and of course that's where we headed for dinner. Now we all had many Jamaican adventures before so we were shocked when our waiter took our orders from the large menu. NO ONE EVER has everything on a Jamaican menu but he merely nodded and wrote down our orders. He saw to it that we all got drinks and that we looked at the numerous Errol Flynn memorabilia on the walls and then he disappeared. After a couple of minutes someone said "Hey! There's our waiter in a boat heading for Port. It turns out they had NO food on the island and our waiter, who also turned out to be our cook, was heading to the store to buy fixings to make every thing we had just ordered. lol. Our group was worthy of our own security Guardsman, Mr. Brown. He was armed but later we found out that like Barney Fife in Mayberry, he had no bullets. He liked to drink though. He laid in a hammock until he passed out and that was where the one picture I wish I still had was taken. Our "armed" guard sound asleep in a hammock with his holster visible and an almost empty Red Stripe in his hand. Maybe it was more than 10 years ago. I remember they still had the bar where location shots for the Tom Cruise movie, Cocktail was filmed. We explored the entire island, it reminded everyone of Jurassic Park.