Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Oh my goodness, Vince, I really feel you and Portland are a soulful match. I thought about you daily. Especially when I sat and chatted with individuals for the first time. I went to a party one night and had the BEST time drinking and dancing in the rain. Why???? It wasn’t just the overproof..lol…but I felt like I was partying with actual friends and neighbors. You’ll see what I mean when I post the video.

I watched a couple of domino games and listened to the banter the guys exchanged. They liked having me hang out and watch. They even bought ME drinks. I never came across that in Negril or Ocho Rios. Those were some of the most memorable moments that I know you long for. Well, my friend, you’ll have them and more when you get there.
    (red face) lol- Mi fren Dellie was waiting on our box lunches drinking a Red Stripe at Pamela's in Green Island. And I watched them play dominos and I told Dellie I'm going to play, He laughed and shook his head, and said go ahead boss! ****!!!! 2 games in 2 rounds later for mi co-players, I was SLLLLLOOOOOWWWWIIIINNNGGGG there game down. But hey!! They had fun with mi, I had fun with them!! (note to self) (just watch the dang game and drink your own Red Stripe!!! Dellie, laughed and fist bumped, Boss, you do anything here, "you Jamaican boss?!" He ask mi that every reach we go there to visit. LOL- Dem dudes play dominos QUICK!!! Good tymes mon!!! I remember I got invited to a grave digging, and was helping pass water from da stream, then big mon calls get up here boss!!- time to learn how to mix up sand and mix, shifting sand through the screen, mixing and drinking. Then here came the rain, everyone runs into the rum bar. The ganja smoke starts to flow along with politics! So I stand in da smoke filled rum bar watching da kids play in the rain. I watch finish mi Red Stripe and go join the kids dancing, splashing away in the rain with mi own kids, then more join us out in da rain!! Rain stops then back to work... What memories we have of Jamaica with mi kids and frens down there. Grave digging was serious but fun! Kids coming up "petting mi skin"-lol. No Problem mon. That tells mi not many tourist come up here. LOVE IT!! I wanted to go back to the actual service, but I felt it wasn't right. In mi mind. But then the other half say, join in, you started with the digging and block placement in the hole in the ground. But mi just pass. LOVE Jamaica!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

LOL Vince, you were brave to join that domino game. They are FIERCE when it comes to slapping down the tiles and guzzling the rum. I sit where it’s safe and that’s OUTSIDE the game. Thanks for sharing the memories…particularly about the grave digging. Wow, this part got me..

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    ...I remember I got invited to a grave digging, and was helping pass water from da stream, then big mon calls get up here boss!!- time to learn how to mix up sand and mix, shifting sand through the screen, ...,
    I saw a young man sifting sand last week. I was curious as to “why” but didn’t interrupt because it looked like he was at a burial site. Now you bring it up so I was right. He was alone, Vince. But still I felt it would be disrespectful for me to ask so I know how you felt.

User Info Menu

Yea, part was wanting to go, (peer pressure from newly frens) but the relatives and family frens seeing foreign at a celebration of life would not kinda fell welcoming. But, in mi mind I did mi part of new frens grand Dad and helping the prep of the burial site and a WELL spent 6-7 hours of chatting, watching, learning, working and drinking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Big Up Vince!!!

User Info Menu

*vi* got anymore great pictures?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Not for this report, Vince. I'm working on the next one that I hope to start posting soon. In the meantime, continue to spread your gleaming positivity throughout the board during this brief intermission

User Info Menu

lol, Thanks mi lady! Jamaica is our DREAM!! Beautiful country, people, music, flowers, land, rain showers on a zinc roof, scenery, food, culture, sports, snorkeling, sunsets on da beach, I could just keep on goin! Much Respect *vi*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Yeah, I will say Vince, you are the most relentlessly positive person I can recall seeing on the internet. I wish I had half of your outgoing personality. Respect.

User Info Menu

I am at work, but I stopped working for 1 whole hour,
    just checking out your report.
    Thanks a million !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Yeah, I will say Vince, you are the most relentlessly positive person I can recall seeing on the internet. I wish I had half of your outgoing personality. Respect.
    LOL, Respect! (fist bump)- You ought to see mi on da rock, I'm running around EVERYWHERE!! easy to spot too, I just wear mi swim shorts, When hitting a local bar I just unroll mi shirt and flip flops and entry. When I start seeing da island. I start squirming in mi seat, mi wife tells mi to CALM down!!-lol- our kids start laughing, chill out Dad. As soon as da "smell" of Jamaica hit's mi nose mi eyes start popping out of mi head! I just start shaking and say "let's get this Jamaica trip into high gear!!! Ahh da smell once it hit's your nose!! H_ll, mi arm hairs are getting chills thinking of Jamaica! "Once ya go, then ya know!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]