Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

Will do! Would it be better to fly to MBJ or KNG?-Looks like KNG is closer. 2 hours 35 minute's vs. 4 hours
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Tommy joked about using the net to catch a heap of fish. The guard said you can’t get them with the net. So Tommy thinking he’s smarter than a fish decided to put the net in the water then toss rice in the center of it. Well, look at what happened…NOTE…turn the volume down before watching. I got a little excited and started yelling as I recorded. Sorry…

https://youtu.be/hQkqxskGP-A

The minute he removed the net, the fish dove for the rice. Of course when he got to the bottom of the rice container, Tommy grumbled on and on about how we didn’t get enough rice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Will do! Would it be better to fly to MBJ or KNG?-Looks like KNG is closer. 2 hours 35 minute's vs. 4 hours
    Yes, much closer flying into Kingston. I fly into Montego Bay because it's a direct flight.

User Info Menu

I'm in heaven!

User Info Menu

I met a nice couple from Canada that afternoon. They were actually staying in Ocho Rios but planned a day trip to Portland. Man I would love to know what they paid for that excursion. They had a look at the Great Huts than came to the falls. They said when they return you will stay in Portland the entire time. They felt a connection just from the short time they were there. My kind of folks.

Tommy saw me talking to them so he came over. I’m thinking he wants to meet them, but get this…he properly greets them THEN asked the man for some of the bread from his sandwich so he can feed the fish. “Tommy, NO! Cha…let the man eat in peace!” However, dude didn’t hesitate to say he was hungrier than the fish and that if he could, he would have eaten that rice he was throwing in the water. His wife pinched off a piece and tossed it in. Yeap, they like white bread too! LOL

We took another dip then soon had to pack it up and depart.

This attraction is perfect for a day outing. I didn’t post the pictures, but there’s an area with tables and chairs so pack a lunch. The changing & rest rooms are huge and always clean and functional. I mean sometimes things are clean, but they don’t flush. There is always a life guard on duty during opening hours and a security guard 24/7.

User Info Menu

Do they have a security or life guard job available? lol I'm SOLD on PA!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Yes, there's always both during opening hours. The life guard leaves when the office closes. But Security is there twenty-four hours a day. The life guard will take you through the caves in the falls and a little foot action around Montane Forrest. the swimming there is wonderful.

User Info Menu

What day is it??? It’s RAINday

This particular day started out bright and sunny. Taking advantage of the clear sky I decided to go into town to replenish liquid provisions and find a decent comb. By the time I showered, dressed and stood for a taxi, the sun seemed to be changing its mind. Clouds were taking over casting a shadow over Trident Hotel and expanding into Port Antonio. I overheard two men mention “trop a come soon”…something like that. A tropical storm could mean anything from heavy rains and wind for a few hours to all the furious weather elements battling it out for days.

By the time we reached Folly Field, it was obvious a significant amount of water will be falling on Portland momentarily.

I decide to get out at the craftmarket by the sea instead of going all the way into town. I could get something to eat there and visit with Rock Bottom afterwards. If anything is going to happen I’ll be sheltered in the complex until Cleveland or Tommy could come for me.

I go to the Yosch Café at the far end of the complex. They specialize in pizza which is pretty good. I’m glad breakfast is now on the menu. I order an omelet than find a comfortable, dry spot to sit because I may be here a while.

Ginger Tea…hot and strong just the way I like it. I like to smell a deep ginger aroma from the tea. That tells me the tealeaves are fresh and it’s not an instant tea. The wind is picking up and the drops fall one after the other. But I’m in a good place for nature to handle her business

User Info Menu

Ahh some Jamaica hot tea!!! I can smell it now! Add a hit of sugar cane packet to it. Stir slow and sip slow and enjoy the sounds and views!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Vince, you described one of my favorite yaad moments perfectly. As much as I love ginger tea, I only drink it there. As soon as I get a whiff of that robust aroma, I’m immediately reminded of Jamaica and I fall into a funk from missing it so much.