Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sandie's Bday trip II

User Info Menu

Marley - lol - I'm picturing someone with binoculars at Ricks watching the sagi shower!
    It sounds like you had a wonderful Anniversary and Birthday in Negril! I loved the pictures you shared so far, I want to see more!

I know it's so hard coming back...I had post negril syndrome bad the first week after
    The best cure is to start planning for your next trip!
    End of April, maybe?
    In the meantime...
    Try this to help you sleep. Not quite the same but it's oddly calming
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuhtj...9A0&lf=mh_lolz
    Last edited by Clarity; 10-16-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Love the report and pics.

User Info Menu

Clarity,
    Ride along, as I have many more Catcha pics to share. I was going to leave them out since there are many online, however I have to admit I like to see them when I'm not there, so bear with me everyone if they get old.

Marley,
    I so wish we were there when you guys hit. You guys know how to have fun for sure!
    It's funny you mention your tour with Mauvette. One day Harry and I were sitting in the pool after a long day of drinking and I asked him about Sagi. Man he jumped out of the water and said "come on let me go show you." So off we went with Jeannie(sp) yelling in the background "Haaaaarrrrrrrrry, someone might be in there." We shrugged it off and proceeded to go check the place out. Harry was stoked to show off the outdoor shower and I had to take a quick peek. The shower is bad ass and it kinda has a cool vibe to it.
    Here I am showering in front of herds of people right over at Rick's, and they have no idea. Or do they? I didn't actually take a shower, but for a split second I put myself there. Next time I'm either staying in Sagi or the new building. Both spots are kick ass.

And you are spot on regarding the staff. Everyone there is great and they are a good team.

Negrilaholic,
    Thanks! I'm stoked to have some solid boardies following along.

Seveen,
    Speaking of solid boardies. Thanks Lady!

Gerry,
    You want it raw man? Stay tuned.
    Last edited by booger; 10-17-2011 at 01:53 AM.

User Info Menu

Love your trip report and pictures. Love Kingsley. He is wonderful and can't wait to see his smiling face at MBJ Nov. 19th. When I see Kingsley, I know I am "home".

We have stayed at Xtabi and love cottage #4. This trip we are staying for the 1st time at Catcha and then we are heading back next door to Banana Shout (which we love too).

Great way to spend your 40th

User Info Menu

Thanks Aud-A-Sea! I have a Kingsley pic coming. Banana Shout has caught my interest, so I look forward to what ever you can share of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aud-A-Sea View Post
    Love your trip report and pictures. Love Kingsley. He is wonderful and can't wait to see his smiling face at MBJ Nov. 19th. When I see Kingsley, I know I am "home".

We have stayed at Xtabi and love cottage #4. This trip we are staying for the 1st time at Catcha and then we are heading back next door to Banana Shout (which we love too).

Great way to spend your 40th

User Info Menu

Booger, I wish we were there at the same time as well......gosh I can't get over how great that place is.....its the one and only property I have ever stayed at where I actually didn't ever want to leave the place......and I don't mean to go home, I mean while on our trip.....there are so many places I love to go see, eat, visit, etc while I am in Negril but while at Catcha I find myself never wanting to leave the property....everything there is just so perfect.

Yes I hear that Harry is very proud of the new addition of the shower....as he should be. My hubby showered there every single day but one on our trip and that was because it was too windy that day for his towel to stay put (the towel he used to cover the window so that everyone at Ricks didn't get more of a show than they bargained for) Hahahaha too funny!

Hope to meet up with you guys there some time

Yes the new building is amazing, we toured those rooms a couple of years ago and I thought they were awesome, I have also heard really great things from those who love Libra.....however, I just cant get over being right on the water and listening to those waves at night....nothing like it!

User Info Menu

Sandie's Bday and road trip part 1!

Good thing I had set the alarm on my cell phone, because we probably would have slept another couple of hours. Last night was a great time, however I am hung over as all get out and cussing myself for doing it yet again. Better crack a beer to make it all go away.

Cooler packed, backpack packed, camera loaded, and off we go. The first half hour or so are familiar territory as Kingsley took us back to the airport on the inland route on our last reach. Jamaica has some beautiful country and I could ride for hours taking it all in. Kingsley is on the accelerator as well as I asked him if he could get us back before sunset. He wasn't making any promises but was doing his part to make sure that we could make it back without killing us. The sunsets are to die for and the last couple of nights we have had some cloud cover that put a bit of a damper on our excitement.

Name:  Jamaican House.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  95.7 KB
    It's interesting to see the various stages that a lot of houses are in. As you get money you add to your house, whether you have enough to finish it or not. This road trip we saw all sorts of houses from the little shack that is barely standing on it's own to some massive mansions sprinkling the hillsides. Some of these folks have some amazing views and a lot appeared to be second homes.

Name:  Bird nest.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  86.0 KB
    The birds are not one to be left out either!

The beers had dried up so it was time to make a quick pit stop and grab a snack as well. A few things that you will never find a shortage of in Jamaica are beer, food, and smiles. The ladies who served up the food as seen in the pic directed me two stalls over to grab the beers. The lady only had 3 Red Stripes so she popped the tops and I started to walk away. Just as I was ready to take a swig I noticed something about each bottle. They were all about 3/4's full and the top of the bottle was rusty. WTF? "Hey lady, I'm sorry but these beers need to be swapped out." "No problem Mon." So at this moment I had my first Red Stripe Bold, and it wouldn't be my last. I'm still not sure what the deal was with the other beers. All I know is I had a repackaged beer in Mexico years ago that made me super sick, so I wasn't about to take a chance here.

Name:  Food stand on the way.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  92.5 KB

Off we go and I can tell by the time that went by that we must be relatively close. Next thing you know Kingsley pull off to the side of the road and tells us to take a gander. WOW!
    Name:  Peter Tosh.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  98.3 KB
    It's Peter Tosh's final resting place. I took a peek thru the gates and saw what I believed to be the building that houses his tomb. I want to check it out but we have things to do so off we go. Soon come Peter Tosh, maybe the next trip. I do have one take away however, LEGALIZE IT!

Somewhere along the way we pass Sandals Whitehouse and all I could think is this place is in the middle of BFE. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that is not necessarily the case.

Just when I can't take it any more we pull up to YS! We pay our way, grab some more beers, and hop in the tractor for the ride to the falls. The place is huge and beautiful and I know it's going to be a great day. I was tossed up between YS and Mayfield, but with another place that I wanted to hit on the South Coast, the decision was made.

As we approach the entrance to the falls we are greeted by a guide who turns out to be a great guy and he makes our experience that much more enjoyable. Not sure what you tip these guys, I gave him $1000j for about 45 minutes of time. Am I a cheap ass or was this fair?
    Name:  YS Falls 1.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  100.3 KB

The place is beautiful and it appears not too crowded. In case you were wondering it was a Friday when we went. We make the walk up the pathway stopping ever so often to check out the surroundings. Did I mention this place is beautiful?

Name:  YS Flower.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  99.9 KB

Not sure if this is the usual crowd so I have attached a pic for your viewing pleasure. It didn't feel crowded at all and I was able to do my thing uninterrupted.
    Name:  YS falls crowd.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  97.5 KB

They have a rope swing that I just had to do, twice. You couldn't see 6 inches into the water, so I had to take the guides word that all was good. Once you land the current takes you down towards the people as well as the side where you jumped from, so be prepared to swim. For some reason I thought that you could actually swing on the vines you see hanging, but it's actually just the rope. Still good times! They provide gloves and I would recommend some water shoes as well.

Part II soon come........

User Info Menu

Hey Marley,
    I hear you loud and clear girl. I am the same way and could stay on property for probably a month straight with my only exit to Wise Choice across the street. At least during the day time. There are far too many killer bars down the street to stay put at night as well. The place is magical and provides the complete package. Sandie gets ants in her pants and wants to leave, so we do. However, I'm glad she is this way because our experiences outside the property are great memories as well. I just need to try and get back for two weeks next time as 8 nights is just not enough. I have a feeling we'll see you guys one day at Catcha. That is if I don't book Sagi before you.

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    Booger, I wish we were there at the same time as well......gosh I can't get over how great that place is.....its the one and only property I have ever stayed at where I actually didn't ever want to leave the place......and I don't mean to go home, I mean while on our trip.....there are so many places I love to go see, eat, visit, etc while I am in Negril but while at Catcha I find myself never wanting to leave the property....everything there is just so perfect.

Yes I hear that Harry is very proud of the new addition of the shower....as he should be. My hubby showered there every single day but one on our trip and that was because it was too windy that day for his towel to stay put (the towel he used to cover the window so that everyone at Ricks didn't get more of a show than they bargained for) Hahahaha too funny!

Hope to meet up with you guys there some time

Yes the new building is amazing, we toured those rooms a couple of years ago and I thought they were awesome, I have also heard really great things from those who love Libra.....however, I just cant get over being right on the water and listening to those waves at night....nothing like it!

User Info Menu

LOL...Booger

And now your report gets even better.....you just visited one of my other favorite places....YS!
    Love that place it is so beautiful we have been there 3 times.....we keep going back to try and ride the zipline down the falls....is it still there? fixed?
    We went last year after our wedding and the storm had knocked down a large tree that took the zipline out so it was obviously closed....sad.....oh well guess we will just have to go back again lol (yeah not really sad about that)

Loving your report! It is getting me through this PNS and serious Catcha mourning period.....once yours is done I will hopefully have my pics and be ready to start mine.....by then Clarity will probably be there and we can just keep this going LOL

User Info Menu

Love the pictures! YS Falls look so beautiful!!
    Too bad you can't swing on all those vines like tarzan. I'd love to try jumping off the rope into the water though!
    YS Falls and Mayfield Falls are on my bucket list! - I think we're going to try Mayfield falls first because it's closer but now. ... I'm not sure really sure which one to experience first..
    How was the water temperature? Was it cold? You recommended watershoes.. were the rocks sharp?
    I love that you caught a glimpse of Peter Tosh's final resting place!
    -Daisy

Please keep the trip report coming! Looking forward to the next installment!
    Carpe Diem