Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Image resizer!!!

User Info Menu

Image resizer!!!

A little of topic, however I need to know about a good image resizer for Mac. I'm trying to post pics but they are too big. HELP!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Easier to Google this than ask for software advice on a travel forum...

Are you aware that when you open an image with Preview (not too tricky, it requires that you find the image in Finder and then double-click on it), Preview has "Adjust Size" as one of the options on the Tools menu?

If you want a batch resizer, there are several, just Google "Mac image resizer", read some reviews, and pick the one that seems appropriate for what you are doing.

User Info Menu

Oh I dont know, asking here is easy also....lol

Plenty of them are free for personal use

Here is one, easy learning curve http://www.tiptrickmod.com/mac/why-p...sizer-for-mac/

Have fun
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Hey Wrtiii,
    I actually did Google it and they all sucked, so that's why I asked. Thanks though for sharing Google with me.
    Rambo,
    Appreciate the link!

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    Easier to Google this than ask for software advice on a travel forum...

Are you aware that when you open an image with Preview (not too tricky, it requires that you find the image in Finder and then double-click on it), Preview has "Adjust Size" as one of the options on the Tools menu?

If you want a batch resizer, there are several, just Google "Mac image resizer", read some reviews, and pick the one that seems appropriate for what you are doing.

User Info Menu

Booger, just FYI, what I told you is EXACTLY what that link tells you, and I found it in about 3 seconds by doing a Google search. I bet Rambo did, too - especially as he didn't tell you a product, he gave you a link that is the same instructions on how to use what comes pre-installed on your Mac.

Sometimes I'm just grumpy, I guess.

User Info Menu

i think your pictures are fine - i like big! and they fit on the page so . . . write on - i'm enjoying your report and the pics

User Info Menu

when you feel like that, just ignor the post, its much easyier than responding..........

if no one feels like helping, they wont get a response.......personally I dont mind helpin when I can........ respect
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

It's all good. I didn't have any luck when I googled it, so that's why I asked.
    Wrtiii,
    No worries. Both of you helped out. I'm fairly new to Mac and had no idea it was that easy. Great thing about Mac is almost everything is that easy. I have now been able to post numerous pics with the help and will have more hitting my trip report soon.

User Info Menu

Actually, Booger, you'll find that if you Google on how to do just about anything on the Mac, you'll immediately find instructions on how to do it with the included software - it may take you a bit to get accustomed to what keywords to use. There are some things you will need to do a download for, such as ripping DVDs and playing certain media files, but in every case there are clear instructions online. So you'll likely want VLC, DivX, Flip4Mac, and Mac the Ripper as you go forward, but not a ton other than those. Plus installing and uninstalling on the Mac is trivial compared to Windows.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated Wrtiii.