Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vacation.......... A noun or a verb?

User Info Menu

Re: Vacation.......... A noun or a verb?

Accompong great information re: the cottage will come in handy for my parents.....she is looking into coming to Negril......she always just stay in Montego Bay.

User Info Menu

Testing panorama picture on camera. My side yard with fruit trees, water tanks and storage shed after weed-whacking the yard. Name:  SAM_0272.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  70.2 KB
    Picture of my desk with fruit bowl in the foreground. Papa, pear, banana and naseberries in abundance.
    Name:  SAM_0266.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  36.8 KB
    Got busy and put a magnetically closing screen on the front door.
    Name:  SAM_0267.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  32.1 KB
    Mountain Ginger is one of the biggest selling crops this year.
    Name:  SAM_0269.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  51.1 KB
    Dasheen, plantains, ginger, green bananas and coco ready for the market van pick up.
    Name:  SAM_0270.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  67.0 KB
    My mid-morning view from the verandah looking towards Appleton
    Name:  SAM_0268.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  54.1 KB

Peace and Guidance from Accompong Town
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

looks like you are settled right in . . .
    would be great place to chill if only i could handle the road in . . .

User Info Menu

Oh. My! I was in Lucy sept 23 to 30! So sorry I missed you!
    Last edited by goldilocks; 10-21-2016 at 07:43 PM.

User Info Menu

Very nice Accompong. I spent a few nights about 15 years ago in the country and the view was nice but not as nice as that. Thats exactly the type of place i plan on spending my retirement years at. Just not sure its going to be in Jamaica though. I see why you love it so much

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
    Oh. My! I was in Lucy sept 23 to 30! So sorry I missed you!
    Yell up, Goldi!

Long time. I know you have been up here but that was 15 years ago! Was hoping to see you again. Too bad I didn't know you were in Jamaica. I will be here until late December should our times cross somehow.

Big Up!
    Very nice Accompong. I spent a few nights about 15 years ago in the country and the view was nice but not as nice as that. Thats exactly the type of place i plan on spending my retirement years at. Just not sure its going to be in Jamaica though. I see why you love it so much
    If I would not have been so fortunate to have stumbled upon Accompong Town some 25+ years ago, I don't know (or think) I would have chosen Jamaica as a retirement destination. I have lived all over the island and have found beauty and friendships but always with a fair share of hardship and challenges. Accompong is a very different type of place. Small and family-like where, if you are accepted, you don't just survive; you thrive. If I didn't have ties to work I like in South Florida, I would stay here forever.

User Info Menu

Good for you Accompong. I can tell by your posts about the place and those who live there that you not only love it there but appreciate it for what it is as well as respect it. Not everyone is that lucky so i hope you continue to enjoy it. I plan on retiring in the caribbean or with a caribbean climate and in a small comunity or rural setting like that but starting to lean towards some other countries where its a bit cheaper and most importantly has better healthcare but Jamaica is still an option. I love northern ontario but winters are long and i can always come back for a vacation when i want to make a snowman or go ice fishing lol. Enjoy your time there and please keep posting about ypur beloved Accompong.

User Info Menu

The saying, "Home is where the heart is" surely applies to Accompong Town as the things that alternately sadden and gladden my heart happen here. The elation I felt when Linston drove me through town on the day of my return home was quickly replaced by a deep sadness when I learned of two old friends passing while I was away. And, just last week, a neighbor I have known for twenty some years passed from injuries sustatined in a head-on Route Taxi accident near Cave Valley.

Loss of life sadness is a relatively new emotion for me as I can only remember a couple of times in my younger years feeling a deep sadness at someone's passing. What snapped me out of the low feelings was the unexpected visit by another neighbor, Bah Wood, bringing me two hands of ripe bananas this morning. A simple but honest gesture of friendship and family.

I am feeling excited as this week an old and dear friend, Mary, is coming to Jamaica for a couple of weeks. Mary and I have been best of friends for over 40 years and I haven't seen her since her last visit here a couple of years ago. We have traveled together around Jamaica several times over the past 15 years or so. We will be spending some time here at the house before returning to Negril for the final week of her visit.

I am really looking forward to visiting with her. There are just somethings that only old friends can share about the past that new friends will never understand.

User Info Menu

Accompong,

My condolences to the families of your friends who past recently and to you too for your sorrow. Dealing with death is always a complicated matter but part of the life cycle that we all are part of.

"Knock and it shall be open seek and ye shall find that wisdom is found in the simplest of places,In the nick of time, knock and it shall be opened Seek and ye shall find that wisdom is found in the simplest of places, in the nick of time".

Enjoy your time, peace and love with your old friend Mary. Between Mary and your guiding light you will rejoice at the memories of your past.

Guidance,
    johng

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Accompong,

"Knock and it shall be open seek and ye shall find .......

johng
    A certain passage of scripture?

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave