Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to stay?

User Info Menu

Re: Where to stay?

Hi Amy as I am a terrible name person I would remember your face. We are staying at the White Sands our dates are Feb 17 - 24 so the 23 would work. If you want. We could also meet on the other end of the island also we will be there from the Feb 24 - Mar 4 so depending what your dates are we will probably cross over on both. It is so beautiful down there. We stayed at Great Huts last year and loved it. My name is John by the way and my wife is Kim.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Ms. Amy, I’m excited for me as well LOL

I hear you about Coconut Isle. I’m beginning to feel the same. I keep picturing myself sitting on that patio listening to music, sipping out of a bottomless glass of rum and watching that ocean put on a show just for me!!!! That’s why I must check it out to make sure it’s satisfactory for us both. Well especially for you and hubby since this is your first visit there. See, if I can’t stay there, I have other options and can switch to option B or C or D in a matter of minutes. You shouldn’t have to worry about that. I NEED and won’t compromise on clean, safe, bright, location convenient accommodations and that’s what I’ll have in mind for you two. Trust, I’ll get plenty of interior and exterior photos along with safety concerns if any exist.

User Info Menu

Hi Vi, I know your excited to be retuning to your paradise, have fun. If its possible can you look up the place I told you about. Thanks for all your information.

User Info Menu

Definitely, Ms Butterfly, your spot is at the top of the list.

User Info Menu

Thanks so much Vi, enjoy your time. I'm going to need a list of reliable taxi's for my upcoming Port Antonio trip.

User Info Menu

long bay beach is dangerous, even though it looks like the negril beach, it has very strong currents, and swimming is iffy unless you stay close to shore . . .

i was in the villa in question about 10 years ago and it was dated then . . .

User Info Menu

Thanks for mentioning the currents Jitterbug. We're not really into swimming, but we do like to wade a bit and wouldn't go out too far. I do like to snorkel, but only in calm waters and long bay doesn't look like the place to do that

The villa does look like it's about 30 years dated by the pictures I am honestly most concerned about the beds, but between 3 bedrooms, at least one bed should be good, right? lol! It'll be interesting to see what *vi* thinks

User Info Menu

i've stayed at coconut beach villa a few years ago. it has 3 br/2baths, a small kitchen, living room/dining room and a washing machine. internet was spotty as was tv reception. it has a large veranda and was 10 feet from the water. the waves are rough i was unable to even wade, so it was not a swimmable beach for me altho my neighbor swam everyday. the beds are like the 3 bears....1's to soft , 1 too hard (middle room) 1 was ok(the front room). you can hear the waves. the sheets were too rough, he bought me another set. the too soft room with the twin beds also has an ensuite. it is possible that you could be booked with others but usually (according to the caretaker) not. It is a bit rundown, the appliances are rusty but you are on the water. beautiful view on the veranda day and night.....the stars are glorious neighbors are a little close but i didnot feel unsafe (i travel solo). It is owned by an american Ted Sims. close to local bars...i believe theres a pizza place close by. i didn't think it was very expensive but i only paid for 1 room for the week! i don't think more than 2 people would be comfortable there, unless they liked the difference in beds...twins and full size. will be glad to answer any questions i can remember.

User Info Menu

Babalew - Your description of the property is just about what I suspected it to be like. I am still on the fence with where to stay. There are many options and they are all so very different. I'll let you know if I think of other questions. Thanks!

User Info Menu

We stayed at Geejam in February and it was amazing - very expensive but worth it for our special occasion. Very private, great food and drink, nice drivers to take you around to local haunts - total rockstar hangout.