Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to stay near the Pelican Bar

User Info Menu

Where to stay near the Pelican Bar

Looking to spend one or two nights near the Pelican Bar any sugestions.

User Info Menu

Re: Where to stay near the Pelican Bar

You might like to try the Waterloo Guest House on the ocean in Black River. This was the first home in Jamaica to have electricity in 1893. Not fancy but a wonderful feeling of Jamaica's past. They don't have a web site so you have to contact them at:
    Waterloo Guest House - 44 High Street, Black River
    Tel:- 965-2278 https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...h_Jamaica.html

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Thanks Accompong l will look into it.

User Info Menu

we got married in Belmont, next to Peter Tosh memorial, at a beautiful guest house, cheap prices, soon come

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

High end luxury with a beautiful rooftop, outdoor shower and private pool www.treasurebeach.com Lots of rooms, overlooks the fishermen's beach - watch for them to come in then go down and buy some flopping fish.

User Info Menu

I've been going to the Pelican Bar since it opened. We always stay in Treasure Beach and charter a local fisherman. Unless the sea is angry, pretty much you can go any morning. Depending on how many in your boat, expect to pay $30US-$60US p/p. I should point out this is for pretty much an all day adventure. The ride to the Pelican, then up the Black River looking at the crocs, then a stop at Sister Lou's River Stop for fresh crab backs, and then a little swimming and total relaxation at Rudy's before returning to the Pelican again. I've found that the fishermen in Black River are fairly pricey for the short trip. The ride to and from Treasure Beach is lots of fun and you may see dolphin on your trip. Floyde's Pelican Bar is opposite Parottee Bay and there is lodging there too. If you choose TB, just let it be known at Eggy's Beach Bar that you want to do a Pelican trip and you'll have several Captains to choose from. I like Ted Parchment but I'd go with any of the Captain's in Frenchman's Bay. Here's http://www.360globe.net/jamaica/trea...-at-night.html Eggy's a night. While my favorite watering hole in all of Treasure Beach, this video is a little nicer than reality.
    Last edited by MilwaukeeMike; 10-19-2016 at 04:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks MilwaukeeMike that sounds like what lm looking for been wanting to stay in Treasure Beach for some time now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by abeachcomber View Post
    Thanks MilwaukeeMike that sounds like what lm looking for been wanting to stay in Treasure Beach for some time now.
    This site has been closed for some time but you can get some ideas of where to stay and prices. www.treasurebeach.net

User Info Menu

Treasure Beach is a great spot to do Pelican from though Black River or the beach area to the east of it would be closer, IMO TB has more to offer.