Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Georgia's 40th Birthday on the beach! 11/11/11

User Info Menu

Georgia's 40th Birthday on the beach! 11/11/11

My lovely wife will be turning 40 in a few weeks! What better way of celebrating than a little beach party?

Anyways, here's the deal. We've invited a nice group of people to come to Negril and help us to celebrate. It's looking like we have a group of about 15 friends and family joining us. For the night of the party - 11/11/11, nice ring to that - we plan to take over our favorite beach bar (Sun Beach) for the evening for a night of drinking, food, and friends, old and new. We always love meeting new people, so we would love anyone who would like to stop by and join us and wish my wife a happy birthday, and have a drink or 12.

The plan is to start early, with cocktails around sunset, and then to make a night of it. I definitely am planning to have some sort of live music. We'll be there a week ahead of time to arrange all the details, but am thinking about trying to arrange for several of the beach musicians to stop by and play a little set for us. Has anyone done this? How much will it cost for, say, a guitarist to show up in the evening and play a half hour for us? My plan, and it most certainly can change, would be to have, say, the horn player to play a set at 7pm, the negril mento band to play at 8pm, etc. Not sure how reasonably easy to arrange this would be or what the cost may be.

So that's the plan. Sun Beach. 11/11/11. Feel free to stop by and say hi, and wish my wife (Georgia) a happy birthday. Just look for the hot blonde that doesn't look a day over 30(seriously). Let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas!

User Info Menu

i remember someone having one of those signs that you see on the beach - made up for a birthday party - you know the signs with the stylized writings for the live music shows - but it was a happy birthday one - i thought it was cool - and what a neat souvenir of a memorable time

User Info Menu

Since, you're there for a week ahead of time...I would just stop the beach musicians that you like & arrange something that works for everyone...I'm sure they would be very happy to play for your wife's birthday!! Great idea!!

User Info Menu

Yeah, that's my plan for the first week. We're staying at White Sands, so get a 2 x 1 drink and relax and "audition" the various musicians while I sit on my ass and get in full island mode before I have to guide a dozen newbies around Negril for a few days!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kiknback View Post
    Yeah, that's my plan for the first week. We're staying at White Sands, so get a 2 x 1 drink and relax and "audition" the various musicians while I sit on my ass and get in full island mode before I have to guide a dozen newbies around Negril for a few days!
    We won't be able to go to your party because we leave on the 11th but we are staying at White Sands Nov 5 to 11. We'll have to have a few drinks at the bar with Paul and Tony. Just look for Gilles and Dolly

See ya there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by meinvancouver View Post
    We won't be able to go to your party because we leave on the 11th but we are staying at White Sands Nov 5 to 11. We'll have to have a few drinks at the bar with Paul and Tony. Just look for Gilles and Dolly

See ya there.
    Hey! I think we met you there last year! It's Paul and Georgia, we'll see you at the bar!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kiknback View Post
    Hey! I think we met you there last year! It's Paul and Georgia, we'll see you at the bar!
    Hey Paul, yes we did. Are you bringing big guy this year?

User Info Menu

Naw, he's staying home this time. We'll have a nice crowd, though. We have the entire villa filled, and 3 or 4 other rooms of White Sands starting on the 8th. The bar will be crowded on your last few days!

User Info Menu

So when do you get to Negril? We arrive on Oct 29 staying at Catcha for the first week and then on to White Sands.

User Info Menu

That's great! We had been debating doing the same thing, splitting the trip into cliffs/beach, but just decided to stay at White Sands the whole trip. We'll be there from November 4th - 20th. I am so ready to be there right now!