Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Beach - October 14 to 18, 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Treasure Beach - October 14 to 18, 2016

DROOLING!! ^^^ Irie pictures! Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Did you talk to Segree the owner of the Waikiki , he is a really nice man.

User Info Menu

Yes, Treasure Beach Bum- we DID talk to Segree! You're right, very nice man. We had breakfast there a couple of times, and the second time, he took us on a little tour of his place. I think we'll probably stay there at least a few nights the next time we make it to Treasure Beach. He's got very affordable prices, and it's a nice location.

Vince, I hope you have a bib on with all that drooling. Ha... thank you.

User Info Menu

This photo was taken right outside of Waikiki Restaurant a few years ago.

Name:  Jamaica 11-11-13 - Treasure Beach - 1290.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  93.3 KB

We ate dinner there a few times.

Name:  Jamaica 11-11-13 - Restaurant Wakikii - Treasure Beach - 1319.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  90.1 KB

Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

BaileysMom,

Very nice photos. Looks like your digs were right buy where the local fishermen tie up their boats. You mentioned a fishing tournament being held and mostly local guys involved. I bet they caught some really nice big ones!! All the local restaurants get their fish fresh every day off the boats and I believe the next beach north is where the fishing co-op is. Looks like TB was a great fit!!

User Info Menu

Love love love all your pics and so happy you enjoyed, but honestly how could you not. It is such a chill vibe and I know we should never live in the past or look too far to the future, but learn to embrace the moment........but Treasure Beach really does make me long for the days of yore in Negril. It is how I remember it, quieter and rustic. I hope when you go back you get a chance to stay with Moni and Simon at Katamah. It is a beautiful property that is tended with love and it shows. But really, so many cool quaint places with the most interesting hosts and owners. We are back to the island this year for our 30th anniversary with 6 nights in Negril and 8 in Treasure Beach. Looking to head more inland and north in the years to come.....so much to see and so little time�� Thanks again, pics are always so welcome!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

JohnG, Yes! We watched the people buying fish from the fishermen as they came in with their catch- you can't get any fresher than that! We also watched a group of fishermen load a boat up with lobster traps. That was fascinating watching them get ready to head out for a 4 week trip out to sea. I hopefully have some pictures of that on a camera that I haven't downloaded pictures from yet. I'll post them if any turn out.

User Info Menu

Hey mon... happy upcoming Anniversary! Glad you enjoyed the pics...

Quote Originally Posted by hey_mon View Post
    Love love love all your pics and so happy you enjoyed, but honestly how could you not. It is such a chill vibe and I know we should never live in the past or look too far to the future, but learn to embrace the moment........but Treasure Beach really does make me long for the days of yore in Negril. It is how I remember it, quieter and rustic. I hope when you go back you get a chance to stay with Moni and Simon at Katamah. It is a beautiful property that is tended with love and it shows. But really, so many cool quaint places with the most interesting hosts and owners. We are back to the island this year for our 30th anniversary with 6 nights in Negril and 8 in Treasure Beach. Looking to head more inland and north in the years to come.....so much to see and so little time�� Thanks again, pics are always so welcome!

User Info Menu

BaileysMom,
    Check out the Pedro Bank and Middle Key, like 50 miles out in the sea from TB. Fishing center for Conch and Lobster. Jamaicans from all over the island go there to try and eke out an income not available on the mainland. staying there for up to 8 months at a time. Very interesting!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz3jTzXR-Fw

User Info Menu

^^ Interesting! I wouldn't mind to go help out there. (if I could) ;(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]