Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Beach - October 14 to 18, 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Treasure Beach - October 14 to 18, 2016

Thanks for the great pics. We will be returning in December, and staying on Calabash as well. We will definitely check out Waikiki.

User Info Menu

We sat and watched these fishermen load their boat one day- talked to one of their son's for a little while, he said his father was going out for 4 weeks. It was amazing to see those guys get that boat loaded. They've got it down to a science.

Name:  TREASUREBCH1397.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  13.6 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BaileysMom View Post
    We sat and watched these fishermen load their boat one day- talked to one of their son's for a little while, he said his father was going out for 4 weeks. It was amazing to see those guys get that boat loaded. They've got it down to a science.
    I saw that boat my last reach. I had no idea they stayed out so long. Wow!

Did you notice whether Eggy's was up and running? I had heard he had been dealing with some health issues.

User Info Menu

I didn't notice if Eggy's was open or not. There were people sitting on the patio there, but they could have just been sitting and the place not be open. (?) We had come down the beach from Frenchman's Reef to watch the fishermen unload their boats, and saw Eggy's only from the side, not from the front.

User Info Menu

BaileysMom & Spiff,

Since the topic of fishing, lobster, and the fishing industry in TB has come up I thought I would share some info I came across regarding a current concern In Jamaica, especially the South Coast of over fishing. The Galleon Fish Sanctuary has been established to address this problem. http://www.breds.org/projects_ongoing.php?n=101

Lobster and Conch (A Huge Source of Foreign Exchange) have been hit especially hard over the past several years.

https://www.livingoceansfoundation.o...ocean/jamaica/

I am by no means an expert on the subject but we who love Jamaica and all it's resources, from human to natural, should understand and be aware of the problems that exist and the positive efforts being utilized to reverse the current dangers to Jamaica's waters and reefs!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks again for the reports and pictures!
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

A good way to help replenish fish stocks would be to ask for lionfish. Strikey-T's wraps theirs in foil with coconut milk and scallions, thyme and fresh veggies. I've had it jerked at Little Ochie. If your cook shop doesn't have it, ask for it. We are it's only predator so eat up. It tastes like a buttery sweet sea scallop.Name:  Jerk Lionfish at Little Ochie.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  73.3 KB

User Info Menu

Thanks for the information about the fishing issue, JohnG. MilwaukeeMike, that fish looks delicious! My husband had lion fish at Canoe when we were there in February. Very tasty!
    Last edited by BaileysMom; 11-01-2016 at 08:54 PM.

User Info Menu

A couple of more photos from Treasure Beach, taken during the Heroes Day weekend. I love watching Jamaicans play dominoes- and the kids playing in the water... amazes me how they can jump off the boats into knee high to chest high water and nobody got hurt... nobody telling them they shouldn't do that, they're going to break their neck... kids being allowed to be kids. Fun times!

Name:  DSC_6912.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  96.5 KB

Name:  DSC_6996.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  93.4 KB

User Info Menu

Those 2 last photos are true country Jamaica!! LOVE IT!!! Wish we was there EVERYDAY to enjoy, chat, live and help out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]