Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who loves the road side food vendors? Favourites?

User Info Menu

Re: Who loves the road side food vendors? Favourites?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Will be my first stop after checking into White Sands! What's better there? Pork or chicken?

~Moose
    We've tried their pork several times and just didn't care for it. It's just okay. Their chicken, on the other hand, is delicious! Definitely ask for the thick slices of bread to dip in the sauce while you eat! We stay at Coco and eat at BITW a lot!

User Info Menu

We ate at Best in the West last month and were disappointed with the jerk chicken that we ordered. Their half chicken came in a styrofoam container with 4 pieces (wing, thigh, breast, and leg), a side, and jerk sauce in one of the partitions. We chose rice for a side and it was just plain white rice. The chicken was a little dry but it probably had been sitting for several hours as they had no customers. Our chicken pieces were all on the smaller side and weren't nearly as good as what we cook on our grill at home. The price was US $12 for the half. We later noticed that Ozzies (across from Negril Palms) has a half chicken for JMD $900 (about US $7) but we didn't eat there.

User Info Menu

Im a fan of Ozzies, both the chicken and pork. If you catch Best in the West when they are busy and the chicken is freshly cooked, they're as good as anyone.

User Info Menu

Cant go wrong with ozzies. Ozzie is a great man and comes from a great family. His parents were long time residents of Negril and the family still rents rooms on the beach right across the road. Wonderfull place, wonderfull people and great food.

User Info Menu

Where is Ozzies? I've seen Ossies Jerk Centre - is that it?
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I love Mr.Biggs chicken. He's on the beach road close to one mile (morass side). His chicken is beautifully spiced and always juicy.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Will be my first stop after checking into White Sands! What's better there? Pork or chicken?

~Moose
    I like both but usually get the chicken...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenBeeotch View Post
    Where is Ozzies? I've seen Ossies Jerk Centre - is that it?
    That's the place!

User Info Menu

Looking for good porridge any suggestions?

User Info Menu

Coletta's across the road from Rooms has delicious porridge-giant bowls, I had to ask for not the family size one lol!!