Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What do you give up to get to Negril

User Info Menu

First of all…Big up to everyone travelling from outside the US to Jamaica! The cost of the plane ticket is no joke here…I can only imagine the fares and time in travelling some of you have to deal with.

Not so much giving up, but like others, responsible sacrifices to get there and enjoy oneself. I have two jobs so I give up a heap of personal time. Plus a coin jar and dollar box but will look into the special savings account some mentioned. Take lunch every day. Holding off buying a newer car another year because 1-½ car payments = a plane ticket. My sons are grown & working so I have no shame in telling them about my trips so that they can contribute $$$ to my therapy.

User Info Menu

Live below your means within your needs and invest wisely. We don't eat out, our phones are dumb, and our vacations to negril mean so much to us. So far 2 of our 6 sons have accompanied us there. They realize its not what you have but where you have been that makes life worth living.
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

Last week we were going to go out to eat but decided to wait and spend those bucks in Negril. We just make some little choices like that. I don't really notice giving up a whole lot but my wife said shopping with me is like going hunting with a game warden.

"Don't be no cloud on a sunny day" - Volkswagen's "Get Happy" Super Bowl ad