Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jus Natural & Barney's Humming Birds

User Info Menu

Jus Natural & Barney's Humming Birds

This morning we took a route taxi out the West End Road then walked a block of so to have breakfast at Jus Natural. Good as always (except for maybe the coffee) and at a very reasonable price. We then walked 4 gates further and spent 2 hours at Barney's Hummingbirds. It was $18 each but they let you spend as much time as you like. When done we just took a route taxi back. A lot cheaper than going to Rockland Bird Sanctuary.
    Regards,
    Bob

Name:  DSCN1238.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  DSCN1250.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  96.5 KB

Name:  DSCN1290.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  102.3 KB

Name:  DSCN1263.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  DSCN1296.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  92.0 KB

User Info Menu

Re: Jus Natural & Barney's Humming Birds

thanks bob................exxxxxxxxcelent as usual
    one day ..
    ..............i going to do that

User Info Menu

We had a good time at Barney's this past August. The young guide was very knowledgeable and it was well worth the visit.

We also took a walk to Just Natural for lunch afterwards. I can see in the pics that the Mrs. enjoys the beet root juice. So does Mrs. D. Although it has a sweet finish, it is not personally one of my favorites.

Thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

rjonson,
    thanks a lot for the report.
    Nice way to spend a morning, Jus Natural then the Humming birds.
    Most excellent.

Question, at Barneys, since you can spend as much time as you want,
    are there spots to sit and chill, maybe have a beer or snack,
    without getting in the way of those who just want to play with the Hummingbirds?

Thanks again!

User Info Menu

Markospoon, I would call and ask about the food and drink. It is a small property, but is sectioned off by so many bushes that it should be easy to be by yourself unless more than a dozen people show up at one time. There were a number of plastic chairs and they let us put them where we were seeing the most birds. We were the only people there during the 2 hours. Sitting quietly is the best way to see the birds anyway.

Yeah, Mike, the wife loves beet root juice. She tried making it at home but it never came out right....too much grit\pulp. Of course when we finally got someone to admit how to fix our problem it was as simple as "strain it mon!"

Regards,
    Bob
    Last edited by rjonsun; 11-17-2016 at 02:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Having to 'bump' this thread.....We were looking to do Just Natural, and visit Barney's this reach. I heard the best chance to see the birdies is early, so does anyone know how early we could get up there?..any recommendations for breakfast items?

User Info Menu

I had planned the same thing last month, we ate an early dinner at Jus Natural which was excellent and very reasonable too. We had planned to go to Barney's Hummingbird Garden after our early dinner but black rain clouds started rolling in. It was very easy to get a route taxi after leaving Jus Natural and we were happy to get back to our place before it started pouring. Nice pictures!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lisapat View Post
    Having to 'bump' this thread.....We were looking to do Just Natural, and visit Barney's this reach. I heard the best chance to see the birdies is early, so does anyone know how early we could get up there?..any recommendations for breakfast items?
    We went around 10:00am, because when we called to make a reservation the owner told us there was rain in the forecast and he wanted to get us in before that happened. After we arrived, it took about 15 minutes or so for the hummingbirds to come out and start feeding from our little bottles. The guide said it takes a little while for the birds to get used to you, but once they are comfortable they will be all over the place.

This worked out perfectly, as we hit Just Natural afterwards for lunch.

User Info Menu

That's a great tip, Bob! One of the most magical things I've ever done is feeding a Dr. bird, perched on my finger. That's a heck of a savings over the trip to Rocklands. Respect --Marblehead
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Hi Bob, great pictures! It's good to see you and Janet, you're both looking well. We'll be back Oct 28 - Nov 11. Looking for a new place to stay this year since our usual spot raised their rates too high. Hope to see you again at Calvary Baptist Church. We are hosting Pastor Cooper and family for 2 weeks (July) in NC. Peace and blessings,

Dr. J