Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: 2 trips in March on West End

User Info Menu

2 trips in March on West End

Sis and I did 2 quickie trips this month. First one was 4 days. Stayed at Citronella 2 nights. Still pretty but just not the same vibes. Many of the trees cut down and not very much privacy like before. Jim the new owner was very nice and welcoming having us back there to stay again. He seemed very excited about his renovations. Our last night was at Somewhere West. We have stayed before and always enjoy it there. Took a ride into town 3 of us on a scooter to change US into J. Then drinks, smoke and good vibes with our friends at LTU. This trip felt very short. So we go back home on a Sunday. Work Monday till Friday. Rest up Saturday. Grandma wants to take my kids for Spring Break. Oh my what will I do with my free time for a week without kids?! So I call sis on Saturday. Let's do it! We book to leave Monday come back Thursday. This time I found Digicell phone to pack. We decided to check a bag of things to leave for our friends. Cykie picked us up. First time meeting and he was nice good vibes and nice ride. Got a SIM card in Mobay with local and international for about 25 US. Off to One Love Rasta Cottages. I rented 2 cabins for a very very good price. Jubee and Shakes were there to greet us. We had met them before on past trips. Jubee and Shakes suprised us with some of the best food I have had on any trips before. Fresh callaloo from the garden, ackee, banana porridge, and fresh grilled lobsters. Wow! We went to Blue Hole which was a 1st time for me. I was too scared to jump but I did enjoy some JB and the music. Good vibes. Next day we went to Canaan mountain to see our friend who makes amazing jewelry and leather belts, hats and more. Very beautiful and peaceful place there. Last full day there we went to Roaring River. Some guests staying down the road decided to join after we convinced them it was a must see. They were glad they did. We never get tired of going. Our dear good friend Ras Cleave took us on our tour and provided us with fresh pickes herbs and flowers good for the body and soul. Into the cave and mineral water we go for some healing. They clay is amazing and the water not too cold on this beautiful day. After this he takes us on a short ride up the mountain and we get out and walk around the beautiful gardens. I fill my empty bottle up with water straight from the river full of minerals. I drink that and refill again. Amazing! We stop at the end of our walk and meet Chiquita. She has some nice jewelry and we chat for a while. Her mother is Jessie and she sells coffee. Petersfield is a very beautiful and spiritual place in a tight knit community. It feels like home here. Back to One Love Rasta cottages. Good food, music, and vibes sitting around the table in the communal kitchen. The other guests staying were a nice couple from Canada and another couple from Alabama. All good energy. Jubee and Shakes will be forever friends and family to us. We look forward to staying again! Soon come!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

User Info Menu

Re: 2 trips in March on West End

That is now my favorite kitchen in the entire world.

User Info Menu

Sshhhhh! Sista what ya sayin? You know am of good friday til Monday. You see me?

User Info Menu

Is that Jubee from Tingalaya's Retreat? Haven't been there for awhile, but we used to go there every year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maralunatic View Post
    Is that Jubee from Tingalaya's Retreat? Haven't been there for awhile, but we used to go there every year.
    Yes that is the same Jubee