Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I guess they actually do remember you.

User Info Menu

Re: I guess they actually do remember you.

....jamaicans remember faces,places and stories.... not so many ..remember names

User Info Menu

On our first trip to Negril in '84, a young guy on the beach walked up to me and said "good to see you again Mon......but you got skinny!" I told him it was our first trip - just another tall american with a mustache, but skinnier than your average dude. Next year, he recognized me and said - I remember you this time. And he continues to.....

What cracks me up is that the local beach vendors seem to know when we're coming every year. Within 1/2 hour, my usual vendors - the few that I buy something from every year - seem to be looking for me when I arrive. Seems like more than a coincidence. May be "inside" information!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabu View Post
    What cracks me up is that the local beach vendors seem to know when we're coming every year. Within 1/2 hour, my usual vendors - the few that I buy something from every year - seem to be looking for me when I arrive. Seems like more than a coincidence. May be "inside" information!
    You dont even get that kind of service at a Trump hotel!

User Info Menu

My husband and I used to be remembered. he was 6' tall and I was 4'10", so we stood out. I often wore a big T-shirt that had one of those Kliban cats walking a dog on a leash on it and the beach guys always thought that shirt was hilarious. Oh they knew us all right.