Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Sunset on the Cliffs....

User Info Menu

Thoughts on Sunset on the Cliffs....

anyone stay here recently? How are the rooms?
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: Thoughts on Sunset on the Cliffs....

My son and I are staying there in a couple of weeks for 3 nights. I have hung out at their sister property on the beach many times and have stayed at their (I think) former sister property- Coral Seas Gardens. They seem to be no frills/ perfectly acceptable hotels, and people I have met said that they liked staying there.

But then again, if it's in Negril, I am pretty content with just about any accommodations. I have stayed in deluxe suites at an all inclusive and funky old hippie hotels. All have been wonderful. Will let you know how it is when I get back

User Info Menu

I've stayed there several times... I had a very reasonable rate and the room was very large with a very big lanai... beautiful ocean view... be sure to get an ocean view room as the rates are reasonable and some rooms don't have the view... very nice and well tended pool... pretty centralized on the cliffs with DeBar across the street that usually stays open pretty late...restaurant and bar as well... I really enjoyed my stays there... one thing that I did find a little weird was that the doors locked from the 'inside' via pushing the button... I locked myself out a time or two but I can blame the Stripes for that!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info.

User Info Menu

We stayed there over all 6 weeks in 2013. It was great! I suggest you PM Rooster. He stays there all the time, long term, and has been for many years.

User Info Menu

Hey Bostonguy, I have to ask - is lanai the same as patio? I have often wondered about this word.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    Hey Bostonguy, I have to ask - is lanai the same as patio? I have often wondered about this word.
    It is! I live in Hawaii now and it's the word used for porch, balcony etc. it's gonna be a long trek from Hawaii to Jamaica but I'll make it
    In April!!

User Info Menu

No ! you can't speaking Hawaiian...lol......... yah mon, you need to get back to Jamaica mon !!!

User Info Menu

Yes I've been staying there every year since '07 for or 6 weeks at a time (like Jan -mid March) & i.love the place....there are 22 rooms..20 are all on the sea & a spectacular view of it as well as the sunsets from your terrace or up by the bar/restaurant/pool area..which has one of the better pools on the West End...as stated nicely located by good places to eat & drink..the resort has great food also..a second floor room has the best view of the sea for sure..reasonable rates & nice a and quite boutique properly..... but one has the book early for that time of year because of high season.. looking forward to my next stay & seeing all my resort & local friends again..booked it in late September..it's the third property in the 23 years going there & always on the West End...my only regret is that I will wish I found it sooner

User Info Menu

thanks rooster. do they have 24 hr security?