Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Miami Airport-Time

User Info Menu

Miami Airport-Time

I've never flown threw Miami before. Would an hour and thirty five minutes be enough time?
    Are you living, or just existing?

User Info Menu

coming back? that might be pushing it - walk from the plane to customs area - then no telling how long the line will be - get suitcases - recheck suitcases - and then at miami airport - you're out on the street - literally - have to go back in - recheck through security - find your gate

User Info Menu

nope
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seveen View Post
    coming back? that might be pushing it - walk from the plane to customs area - then no telling how long the line will be - get suitcases - recheck suitcases - and then at miami airport - you're out on the street - literally - have to go back in - recheck through security - find your gate
    Agree. On the way down, maybe OK. On the return, not so much. I usually have a few hours - not so much by choice but by AA flight schedule - when I go through MIA. This summer I took different flights on the way home & had just over 90 minutes. It was close & very stressful. I know the drill so I know where to go, I MOVE it... no easy pace walking. Often it can take 30 minutes alone to get your luggage once you've cleared immigration. Then there's the pesky security check line... another delay. This trip I made it to the gate just in time for boarding but that was because I really hustle & the luggage came quickly for a change. There was no time to grab any decent food (I'm picky) so I was so hungry I ached. I tried this vs a 4 hour layover. Would I do it again? Probably not. I'd rather endure the noise of the huddled masses & read, feel more relaxed. I have to admit, it was nice getting home at a decent hour vs my usual 2 a.m. walking in the door.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 10-19-2011 at 08:11 AM.