Absolutely Amazing,
Now in well over our 20th year visiting Tensing Pen all I can say is we are still in love with the place. I can remember back to the old days when there was intermittent power on west end road. They had a generator but it was only used during daylight hours and we had hurricane lanterns in the rooms, limited water after 9pm, no cell, no internet and no AC.
Well all that has changed now, you have every amenity you could want, pool, onsite restaurant, Yoga, massage, gift shop and a staff that makes you feel as if you were with family. Let me say a few more things about the staff. From the girls in the office, to our daily room service, grounds keepers, life guards, security guards and the owners. They each and every one of them are always smiling, taking time to say hello and make sure that everything is going well. If it were not for the staff the trip would not be the same.
Tensing Pen and its environment has also given us the chance to make friends from all walks of life and from all over the US. There are 6 to 8 couples that are always at TP during the same time frame as us the week of Thanksgiving and they have become like extended family also. The trip would not be the same without them and the staff at TP.
Dogs, where to start on this one. There are 3 ridgeback’s that live on the property. Tensing Pen has always been known for having security dogs and I can remember back to the days of Oscar, Coco and Bella. Today’s crew in now Tensing, Shuga and Beezy. We are dog people so we are in love with them all. Tensing has just recently turned 14 and is having some issues that come with age, he is still lovable and sweet and I remember him as just a pup. He has seen me through good times and bad and I will be sad to see him go at some time. All three sleep with us and follow us around like surrogate parents while we are there. Yes I have Shuga’s name spelled right, many people call here Sugar but it is Shuga.
This year we had “Tunagate” I sponsored a fishing tournament on the property. We invited all the guest and staff to participate. I put up $1000J for the biggest fish and $1000j for the most fish and then got disqualified in my own tournament for cheating!!!, How much fun was it. Well here is a post from a friend who was part of the fishing tournament.

Chairman of T.P.F.T. (Tensing Pen Fishing Tournament) Disqualified.

Commissioner Tim Broom was disqualified from the first annual Tensing Pen Fishing Tournament held on November 23rd. Mr. Broom admittedly bought a fresh tuna at a market on the Negril river earlier that day and then attached it to his line during the tournament and submerged it into the water. He then gleefully reeled the tuna onto the shore with the pretense that it was a new catch. Nearby contestant and expert local fisherman and staff member “Mikey” was skeptical. On closer inspection Mikey exclaimed “that’s a dead tuna mon!”. Showing no remorse or shame Mr. broom doubled over in laughter until he learned of his disqualification. Further charges are pending.
On a lighter note, the lead was held for quite while by first time fisherman and 4 year old Romi.
Another first time fisherman caught her first at the tournament. Lexi was very excited as she reeled it in and brought her catch to shore.
Many fish were caught that day but long time gardener of Tensing Pen “Niney” took the grand prize for the largest of the day.
What is no referred to as “Tunagate” will go down in the history books for years to come.

Well all I have to say about the whole thing is that was the best money I have ever spent buying a fish. The day was Priceless as was the expression on Mikey’s face. I can’t wait until next year for the 2nd annual Tensing Pen Fishing Tournament. Who knows what I may come up with for that one!![/I]
I’m sure you have all seen pictures of Tensing Pen, all I can say is that pictures and video of Tensing Pen do no justice to the beauty of the place. Add in a wonderful staff that treats you like family, guest that end up as life friends, owners that care about the guest and dogs that love you like family. You could not pick a better place to vacation!!

Even after 20 years I can’t get on the bus to Mobay without shedding a tear knowing it will be a year before I can return!

Thanks Tensing Pen!!

Name:  15202549_10209831534137734_7014702404340024947_n.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  50.7 KBName:  15326175_10209751005745612_5138516334754335310_o.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  76.9 KBName:  15349604_10209751053986818_1417880083026869654_n.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  29.9 KBName:  15326428_10209740871732268_2028341010211082510_n.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  82.5 KBName:  tp1.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  11.4 KBName:  tp2.jpg