Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report.

User Info Menu

Sad news to report. Eggy's burnt down.

At Treasure Beach now. Eggy's bar burned down last night, and Captain Ted's boat burned with it. Both are total losses. I will post a picture later. No one was hurt, but both Ted and Eggy are distraught. Just horrible news.
    Last edited by Spiff; 12-13-2016 at 01:07 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Sad news to report.

Name:  20161213_105742(0).jpg
Views: 1690
Size:  96.8 KB

So sad. This is Eggy's. One of the wonderful things about Treasure Beach is just gone.That and Captain Ted losing his boat.

User Info Menu

I'll be shocked if both haven't been rebuilt by the time I get there in under a month. I see gofundmes already set up for Eggy, I'm sure one to follow for Ted's boat. TB rebuilds fast...remember when Pelican Bar was destroyed in a hurricane?

User Info Menu

True that. It looked like the whole community was helping clean up this morning, and I noted that Jason Henzell was not only there, but working his tail off. Jake's has donated some beer, and a table and some chairs. Eggy will be on the beach tonight selling Redstripes and we are all going down to support.

User Info Menu

How I wish I could be back at Treasure Beach right now, I think of being there daily

User Info Menu

Love to see pics of the Eggy cooler of beer party if you think of it Spiff!

User Info Menu

Rebecca from Treasure Tours took a bunch. I would look for them on their FB page. The community really turned out to support. I'm so glad I went.

User Info Menu

It's just as I'd expect it to be in TB. I'll look for her pictures

User Info Menu

Wow,

Sorry to hear the sad news but nobody was hurt and things can be replaced and rebuilt. Godspeed Eggy and Capt Ted. Knowing all the cool people in the Treasure Beach Community will lend a hand I send my positive vibes.

God Bless all.

johng

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    True that. It looked like the whole community was helping clean up this morning, and I noted that Jason Henzell was not only there, but working his tail off. Jake's has donated some beer, and a table and some chairs. Eggy will be on the beach tonight selling Redstripes and we are all going down to support.
    RESPECT!!! Thanks!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]