Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Hi-Lo Holiday Hours

User Info Menu

Hi-Lo Holiday Hours

Anybody know the opening and closing time of Hi Lo for Monday, Dec 26 and Tuesday, Dec 27?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Hi-Lo Holiday Hours

They posted their hours yesterday, 9 to 6 both days.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thank you!

User Info Menu

Heads up! No beer or liquor can be sold on election day. In late November, on a Monday, I went to the Hi Lo to restock my rum, gin, beer, and rum crème.
    No way. All the liquor shelves were covered with blue tarp. I asked the clerk, "What, no alcohol for all day?" The clerk replied "No mon, election day". I came back with W.C. Fields famous quote after being told the same. "That is carrying democracy too far!" Eh, I don't think he got the quip but he laughed anyway.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Georgie View Post
    Heads up! No beer or liquor can be sold on election day. In late November, on a Monday, I went to the Hi Lo to restock my rum, gin, beer, and rum crème.
    No way. All the liquor shelves were covered with blue tarp. I asked the clerk, "What, no alcohol for all day?" The clerk replied "No mon, election day". I came back with W.C. Fields famous quote after being told the same. "That is carrying democracy too far!" Eh, I don't think he got the quip but he laughed anyway.
    Yup, same here as many places in North America.
    They can sell the liquor/beer but only after the poles close on election day...or if you know where the back doors are to some of the bars.

User Info Menu

My driver took me to the "Chinese place" as he said the "Chinese don't respect the law". yah, got alcohol there.

User Info Menu

Rob, have they also posted their hours for December 31 and January 1? Not sure if we should be doing most our shopping at MegaMart in Mobay when we arrive on New Years Eve.

Administrator

User Info Menu

JahLove,

Yes they have, but I did not memorize those. I will check for sure but I think it is 9 to 6 on NYE and closed on NYD. Will have for sure dates tomorrow.

Administrator

User Info Menu

9 to midnight on NYE and closed on NYD...

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob!