Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaving Tomorrow Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Leaving Tomorrow Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so freaking excited right now!!!! My hubby and I are leaving very soon for our first trip to Negril and I cannot wait!!! I've been reading Manda's trip report...and also Gerry's. I am so looking forward to seeing Mayfield Falls, the beach and the cliffs!!! I'm at work now and absolutely cannot concentrate.

One question for you all.....we are staying on 7 mile....but, will spend some time in the cliffs area. What are the one or two places we should be sure to hit while there? And, why? I want to be sure we do everything we should while there!! I believe Tedd's is in the cliffs area, and that is one place we are definitely hitting up....what is near there?

Thanks, guys!!! This site has been so helpful in planning our trip.

User Info Menu

Ya'll must hit some web cast with Rob and Lisa,they will direct ya'll in the right direction-Bless!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I would normally suggest the seastar inn saturday night show but that is closed for refurb

So I would suggest going to Ricks cafe on the cliffs it is world famous.Ask your hotel or on here which is the best night to go.The best nights are when the coaches of people come in and there is a stell band and you watch the cliff divers and watch the sun go down its nice and they also have a swimming pool there which really gets the sun so if you go a bit earlier you may want to swim there.

On the beach try margaritiville they have special things happening on certain days try to find a flyer or ask on here or at your hotel

Definately try to get to some of the webcasts shown on realnegril.com that is where you may meet some real live boardies! the schedule is on their website.

Kuyaba is nice for dinner in their little seaview high up private table.

Go to the jungle night club across the street from the beach thursdays and saturdays are best!
    If you do not like to party too much they have couches and more seating areas upstairs

User Info Menu

I forgot to mention look out for all of the signs on billboards around the place you may get to catch a famous singer or two!
    Shows are put on at alfreds on the beach and bourbon beach and some other close by places keep an eye out! and take photographs

User Info Menu

Tedd's isn't on the cliffs-it's uptown on the road heading to Sav. If you take a route taxi to the taxi park and it's across the street and down a wee bit. Unless there's another Tedd's in the west end I don't know about.

User Info Menu

Just to clarify - Tedd's Mushrooms is on the road heading to Sav; Teddy's Hideaway Restaurant is at the Blue Cave Castle on the ciffs. If you decide to partake of Tedd's "magic" offerings (which are legal in JA), use some caution as the effects can last for hours (based on my one and only experience some 20 plus years ago ... I laughed non-stop about absolutely nothing for about 6 hours ... just saying)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by purplelvr View Post
    What are the one or two places we should be sure to hit while there?
    Hit Alfreds on the beach on one of their nights......... TUESDAY, FRIDAY & SUNDAY Nights
    stop at any place on the Waterside of the Cliffs for a sunset.....like Ricks or LTU or Catcha or Three Dives, etc etc
    and hang at the Canoe at the start of the Cliffs and try some of their delicious food and drinks..........
    Ted's Hideaway for lunch or dinner is a can't miss too.........Sunsets are great there too.........
    try some great Jerk Chicken........and don't miss dem Patties and Coco Bread they sell on da beach
    if you are real adventurous.....go up to Ragabones/Red Dragon in Red Ground and try some of the worlds best Jerk Pork

Quote Originally Posted by purplelvr View Post
    I want to be sure we do everything we should while there!
    well that is just about impossible on a regular reach unless you are there for months and months..........lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone!!!! Some great ideas here...I appreciate it!!

User Info Menu

purplelvr - First trip to Negril! So exciting!! You can't go wrong following Tic and Marko's suggestions. Be sure to check out a webcast while you're there!

Have an amazing time in Negril! You're going to love it
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

How exciting to be going for the first time. I still get excited. If you go to the cliff's check out either Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star for dinner. Check out the diver's at Rick's and then head over to LTU for a more laid-back and less touristy place to eat. If you are looking to snorkel off the cliff's, Xtabi is the place. Have lunch there and they will be more than happy to let you snorkel there. They have a great cove with tons of fish and great caves. Rock House is beautiful for a romantic dinner. I also agree with Kuyaba on the beach. Beautiful spot for a sunset dinner.

Have a blast and I can't wait for your trip report with lots of pictures.

30 days til we head back "home".