Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Be prepared for illness

User Info Menu

Re: Be prepared for illness

Many on-site services require cash....this isn't the world up i technology. While ambulance will do credit card as well as hospitals. It isn't like home where we just hand over our health insurance card....they work with you on filing but they must be paid! Beth

User Info Menu

Great to hear!!!!! God is good. Nurse Beth

User Info Menu

Usually if something happens it needs a quick evaluation. There isn't time to just book a flight and go. I have sent three people home this season already! They all wanted the most frugal plan, and that meant me going along to get them through some of the tangled system. It can take longer, but it saves money if you do not have insurance. Every situation is different and if I can consult and provide care to get you through the night I will....then start the day with a plan....but if you need to go, you need to go! We collaborate and agree on a plan! Usually I give you options if available and SAFE. I have services I use and services I DON'T use..... Please link me with any questions or information if you wish! Nurse Beth
    www.j.mp/comfortsJA

User Info Menu

Not sure if this would help someone today, but in the 1970s a call to the US State department enlisted their help in contacting Jamaican officials and fast tracked us through customs and the airport process, during a medical emergency.

User Info Menu

Swung by the local AAA office today to check on travel medical insurance. Within 10 minutes I walked out with a comprehensive medical/dental plan from Allianz ($84) for my wife and me. Coverage is for the duration of our 32 night trip.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.