Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great River or other swimming on south coast?

User Info Menu

Great River or other swimming on south coast?

We are going to go from TB to Negril and I am thinking we might as well make a tour of the drive bystopping somewhere. We don't have any "inland" plans yet so I am hoping there is a cool river or waterfall or blue hole we might visit on the way...to me the less developed the better. We have been to Mayfield and YS and while a revisit might be nice, neither one is really on the way. We will have visited Black River by boat already.

We can stop at Bluefields or Font Hill but I'd really prefer fresh water if possible.

Abeokuta still open? Is that on the way?

Thanks for any ideas!

User Info Menu

Re: Great River or other swimming on south coast?

Isn't there a "Steve's Aqua Nature Park" in that area? Anyone been recently, or ever?

User Info Menu

Abeokuta is still open. as of end of Sept. but they require a call before hand if you want them to cook you lunch. I called the day before and they never had a chance to get chicken, or fish, so we just swam.

User Info Menu

There is a swimming hole in a mineral stream between the two, but I don't recall exactly where right now. I'll do some map checking and see if I can jog my memory. When are you going?

User Info Menu

Thanks newfiegirl. TAH - early January.

User Info Menu

This might fit the bill. I was here about 5 years ago on the way from Negril to Little Ochi.
    http://www.visitjamaica.com/bubbling...g-mineral-bath

User Info Menu

I looked at that, very very mixed reviews. Seems best if with little children but what did you think then?

Is Apple Valley Park still open, I wonder?

User Info Menu

steves aqua if it has a name near petersfield and fort william...we always route taxi out of sav...i am almost positive it is the same place with spring fed swimmin' hole ...no entry fee but last time a small snack bar...FRESH WATER rite out of da mountain, just pouring out... real refreshing . I always call it the cheap waterfall...

ps a cool "washing machine place to get to and let it rush over you

User Info Menu

Steve's Aqua Nature Park has a website . . http://www.aquanaturepark.com/contact.html . I have never been . Abeokuta has been on my list for years . Had some great adventures getting lost while trying to find the place . I think they are close , If not on the same road , to each other . Of course Roaring River is also handy !

User Info Menu

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  102.1 KB