Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seastar Renovation Update Pics taken Oct 19, 2011

User Info Menu

Seastar Renovation Update Pics taken Oct 19, 2011

I visited Seastar Inn today to see how things are moving along. The flooring and stage area has been floated, and now the pool, jacuzzi and surrounding area is being resurfaced. Francine's Gift Shop is progressing nicely. Can't wait til the new bar is in place. Please enjoy the pics of the pool area, gift shop, dining area, stage and a view from across the street.

Name:  IMG_9587.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  48.8 KB

Name:  IMG_9589.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  52.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9590.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9593.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  50.4 KB

Name:  IMG_9594.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9595.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9596.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  46.8 KB

Name:  IMG_9597.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  43.9 KB

Name:  IMG_9599.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  51.2 KB

Name:  IMG_9600.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  55.1 KB

User Info Menu

Negril Bill...you must have read my mind! I was going to post and ask if anyone had any recent pictures of the progress...and magically, as often happens in Negril, my prayer were answered. It looks great!! Congrats to Chris, Francine and all the hard working employees of Seastar. Didn't think it could get any better, but looks like it has. Thanks again for the update. Will be there in December to really take it all in.

User Info Menu

I wonder if that pool will be swimable in 2 weeks ? They'll be working around the clock I'm thinking to get ready for the big show. What a project! Hip Hip Hooray!

User Info Menu

I still do not understand where the stage will be?Hope they put a heater in the jacuzzi! who will bring my drinks to the pool now?

User Info Menu

Awesome photos, Bill! Thanks so much. Yeah, I am with Tictoc on this - I am bit confused. But then, I get lost in our bathroom coming out of the shower! What is the ditchy sort of thing behind the stage. At least it looks like a ditch. People seem to be "in it". I figure the stage is about yay-far from where it was; kinda shifted to the right and bigger? Where will the bar be (seriously, I want to know). I expected "spectacular" from Chris and Francine - let's face it, folks, when have they EVER done less??? You know? But this looks amazing.
    So, like, what do we not see? Any renos in the rooms? Updates (seems to me the colour of the existing office is a bit different - peachier or coral-ier than before.

The photos are seriously good, dude. You gotta be the wedding photog they have (or at least had for ours). Hope you are well, if you're that Bill! Everyone loved our wedding photos. Surprised (heh heh heh), but loved the shots!

Go Seastar!

User Info Menu

The bar will be at the same place just a whole lot bigger. The stage is centered in the middle of the dining room. There is a drainage ditch behind the stage to take any rainfall run off away from the dining room. I know it's a little hard to picture but don't worry everything will be ready for Nov 4 check ins and Nov 5 Luciano show. Francine is working on new drapes, bedding and pictures for the rooms which have all had a fresh coat of paint. We are also making all new dining room furniture as well as pool side loungers and patio furniture for all rooms. New doors will be going on all rooms also but they are not quite ready yet. We will probabely be replacing old doors one at a time over the next month so as not to bother any guests.

User Info Menu

Looks nice Chris!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

This looks great and can't wait to get back! Great job Chris and Francine and all the workers!

User Info Menu

I can't wait to get there! 4 1/2 weeks.

User Info Menu

I can't wait to see it in person. Arriving on March 7 for two weeks of fun in the sun.
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)