Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayfield or ys falls for an 8 year old?

User Info Menu

Mayfield or ys falls for an 8 year old?

We have been to both years ago on our but want to take our grandson this time. Probably on 29th or 30th of December. Having trouble deciding which he would enjoy more. He's been 3 times to Negril staying on the beach and loves it but wants to try something different this year.
    Also, any other suggestions for an athelitic 8 year old would be appreciated.

User Info Menu

Re: Mayfield or ys falls for an 8 year old?

Mayfield hands down IMO. Then check out Roaring River. You can take the cave tour and swim in da watta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Well, I was going to say YS, hands down, lol.... I think it would be a better choice of the two, for an 8 year old..... Along with all the falls, that will be quite manageable for him, there is a pool, snack bar, changing area, rest areas, just an all around place for a family.......JMO....

User Info Menu

I prefer Mayfield Falls, but... depends on the water level. If it is high water, then it might be too much for an 8 year old.

User Info Menu

Neither

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedreg View Post
    Neither
    Why not?

User Info Menu

Don't listen to the non answer of the previous poster, either place would be fine for an 8 year old !

User Info Menu

I think what dixedreg is trying to say is that the water levels can be rather high .
    .& yes
    YS Falls ..is the better choice

User Info Menu

I've been to both Mayfield and YS Falls with my nephews who are 9 now and I would definitely say the better choice would be YS Falls......the fun starts before you even make it to the falls as they take you there on a jitney pulled by a tractor where there is lots to see including animals. If the water level of the falls is too high or too rough, you can then enjoy the natural spring pools or even go zip lining. The newer spring pool has cabanas (first come first serve) which are really nice. They do have food at the gift shop but it's more of snacks then any kind of food. Last Christmas, we packed a picnic lunch and enjoyed our day. Go early as they close by 3pm/4pm.

You could do the Black River Tour then head to YS Falls.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    I've been to both Mayfield and YS Falls with my nephews who are 9 now and I would definitely say the better choice would be YS Falls......the fun starts before you even make it to the falls as they take you there on a jitney pulled by a tractor where there is lots to see including animals. If the water level of the falls is too high or too rough, you can then enjoy the natural spring pools or even go zip lining. The newer spring pool has cabanas (first come first serve) which are really nice. They do have food at the gift shop but it's more of snacks then any kind of food. Last Christmas, we packed a picnic lunch and enjoyed our day. Go early as they close by 3pm/4pm.

You could do the Black River Tour then head to YS Falls.
    A couple years ago I did the Pelican Bar and YS Falls with my 7 and 10 year old sons. They had a blast and no issues with walking up river. That said the water level was not that high. High enough to jump out of the tree stand but easy enough to navigate.