Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuyaba

User Info Menu

Kuyaba

Has anyone stayed at Kuyaba recently? I'm wondering mostly about the rustic cottage with kitchenette. I'd love to see some photos of the cottages if any of you have some to share.

User Info Menu

I just got back from Kuyaba yesterday and have stayed in most the cottages even though it has been some years as we normally stay in the rooms. Someone else may offer more current updates. The rustic cottage on the other side of the honeymoon suite seems to be nice and gets more people staying in it than the ones up front that do not have kitchenettes. It has a nice private patio. I wouldnt hesitate to stay there. Great value for the money. I would suggest contacting the hotel directly and seeing if they are offering any specials. They have been good lately about working with you depending on lenth of stay.

User Info Menu

Thanks Mr. Twister. We're looking for a place for just a few days before heading to the cliffs. I've always wanted to check out Kuyaba. Love the grounds but have never seen inside any of the rooms. Really all we need is a fridge.

User Info Menu

When we stayed in that cottage some years ago the owner (Israel McWilliams) told us that cottage was his home when he first built an ran the resort.
    It was then known as Sea Gem

User Info Menu

I can't seem to find much more than pics from the honeymoon suite, so I'd be happy to see any pics at all of the rooms.

User Info Menu

There are plenty of photos here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...l_Jamaica.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=kuyab...2&ved=0CB0QsAQ

You may have to look through a lot of them to get actual room photos.

User Info Menu

Thanks Mr. Twister. I had looked through the google and trip advisor pics but couldn't find anything labelled as the rustic cottages. The cottage w/kitchenette is booked for the dates we want anyway, so looking into the rustic cottage now.

Anything else on the beach with similar grounds? We're not crazy over the hotel feel type places.

User Info Menu

The rustic cottage up front is exactly that....rustic. There were two more but they were taken down years ago....for good reason. Not near as nice as the one you were trying to reserve. The walls are thin and the cottage is divided in two. You can hear everything.....people talking, walking and road noise. I didnt sleep a wink in my stay in that cottage. As much as I love Kuyaba......I would'nt stay in the rustic cottage again and can't recommend it. I hate to discourage you. Just telling you as it is and my experience. Maybe someone can advise you of another location to suit your needs.

User Info Menu

Thanks. When I hear rustic I think 'no power, no hot water, no bathroom'. I like them all when on vacation. Room doesn't have to be fancy but kept up and clean would be nice. And a fairly comfy bed is good.

User Info Menu

We stayed in a rustic Kuyaba cabin once and barely made it thru the night. The wooden walls bleed through light, walls don't buffer any sound and the mildew on the toilet and shower in the bathroom was disgusting, not to mention no hot water. Find another place.