Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Solar String lights + TSA

User Info Menu

Solar String lights + TSA

Forgot to pack my solar string lights in my luggage so will need to carry on (no room in luggage to be checked). Are my lights okay to go through TSA?

User Info Menu

Re: Solar String lights + TSA

I had problems carrying an extension cord in carry-on a couple years ago for our electronics - they confiscated it even though it was not on prohibited list. But I would still try to carry it because its obviously something that is not dangerous.

User Info Menu

Print this and keep it in your carry on. There are a fair amount of TSA agents who must of got beat up a lot growing up, as many like to make their own rules. Ask for a supervisor if you have any issues. Be polite but firm if you are challenged and you will be fine.

http://www.tsatraveltips.us/can-i-br...n-an-airplane/

User Info Menu

mi bring electronics thru all da time......it shouldn't be a problem

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Thanks all!!! I was hating the idea of having to repack. I will carry them on.

User Info Menu

If you have something that may look unusual on x-ray machine pull it out of carry-on and put it in a separate tray. If needed, it will be looked at individually. This keeps your entire bag from being searched.