Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: southwest thru orlando to mobay

User Info Menu

southwest thru orlando to mobay

ya mon
    has anyone had any experience flying southwest and having to change planes in Orlando? I have been looking at a flight with a one hour lay over in Orlando, and then on to mo bay, is this do able? thnx in advance

User Info Menu

Re: southwest thru orlando to mobay

We have flown the MKE -> MCO -> MBJ route a few times with no issues. Orlando airport is huge but well organized with good transportation between terminals. As long as your flight to MCO is on time you should have no problem.

User Info Menu

ya mon

does orlando have a tram system like Atlanta or do you just have to walk between concourses ?

User Info Menu

Heading down is easy. The Southwest terminals are close and probably in the same wing.
    Coming back allow for more than two hours to get thru immigration and a tram ride out and back thru TSA (again) this part seems ridiculous but it's the game that you have to play.

User Info Menu

We always fly MKE-MCO-MBJ on southwest and never had a problem as the flights are in the same terminal on the way down. The worst part is on return flight you have to go thru customs then go out and thru TSA again. That can be a time consumer.

User Info Menu

I try to avoid Orlando as a hub airport because they tend to have a lot of thunderstorms, which of course shuts everything down. I was not happy to spend a night in that airport a few years ago and I plan to stay away from that city forevermore.
    Last edited by frankk; 12-27-2016 at 07:44 PM.