Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach or cliffs ... a discussion

User Info Menu

Beach or cliffs ... a discussion

Last May I arranged a trip for several Masonic Brothers of my Lodge to visit Jamaica and the Lodge in Sav

They ate at Tensing Pen and slept at the Palms. (Thank you to the management of both)

Last night two of them were discussing returning with their wives for a week. One wanted to stay at the Palms on the beach and another wanted to stay at Tensing Pen.

I felt great that they wanted to return and the beach vs cliffs discussion gave a warm glow

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Beach or cliffs ... a discussion

Do it right and split the trip! Half beach and half cliffs! Best of both worlds!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Yamon'...we've done the split before. It works. Good to experience both environments. We are doing the splits again January! {grin}

User Info Menu

ya.....tell my wife that

User Info Menu

Truth tellin'....my wife really prefers THE BEACH! I'm assuming that's where you were going with your comment.....

User Info Menu

Samsara on the cliffs and Legends on the beach can give you the best of both with their sharing and shuttles. Just saying.

User Info Menu

My wife hates moving once we get settled in, so doing a split stay is a no-go. We are confirmed cliff dwellers, but have no problem getting to the beach whenever we want. Like Carrie said, we enjoy staying at the Mirage on the cliffs and take advantage of their free transportation to their sister resort, Charela on the beach. In addition, Mirage throws in a $25 voucher (per person) for use at the Charela restaurant and bar.

Capt. it's great that your Brothers' interest in Negril has been piqued. If they stayed on the beach the first time, why not give the cliffs a try? Tensing Pen is a beautiful property and a great location for exploring the cliffs.

User Info Menu

We did a split trip last year and ended up at the beach every day. We were with our 6 year old, so the beach was better suited for us. This year we will be back and staying only at the beach (Palms). We certainly will go to the other side for several meals, etc.

I think it's a simple as whether you are comfortable hanging out at your hotel on the cliffs. We tend to want to move around so that wasn't ideal for us.

User Info Menu

Well simple. One couple stays on the beach one on the cliffs. Visit, best both have to offer.

User Info Menu

We have done the split the last few years, and it works best for us. 5 days on the cliffs and 7 on the beach. Because we stay at Samsara, we can shuttle to Legends for a beach day if windy weather doesn't allow the use of jumping platforms on the cliffs. Of course, the pool is a nice backup plan as well.
    Love getting fruit and patties on the beach for lunch etc. but also love having LTU, Xtabi, Ciao, Pablo's and Peewee's close by for lunch while on the cliffs.
    It's a win-win situation!
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...