Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beach or cliffs ... a discussion

User Info Menu

Re: Beach or cliffs ... a discussion

My GF is a beach person and that is that! I prefer the cliffs!

Last reach we stayed on the beach at CCLP and had a wonderful time!

Next trip??????

VVHT

User Info Menu

Split is the way to go. Was hooked after my first split trip. Cliffs for the first half, so I can "hurry up and slow down" then the beach second half to enjoy the action and rev back up for home.

I should add that Linston has mentioned Bull's Bay the last couple trips. Thought I might like it as an alternative for a couple days prior to heading to Negril. Might have to check it out since I trust his judgement on my tempo.
    Last edited by MikeyNYC; 12-29-2016 at 02:02 PM.

User Info Menu

We have always stayed on the beach because I love to wander and walk. I feel that staying on the cliff I won't be able to safely get in 5 miles a day. Maybe a split stay would work. Anyone else feel that the cliffs limit the walking?

User Info Menu

Doing the "Double" is a nice way to see a little of each...Beach 1st then R&R up on the cliffs to recharge before going back home...

Great choice with Tensing Pen up on the cliffs...Kuyaba on the beach is a solid place in my opinion.

I agree that walking can be an issue up on the cliffs compared to the beach simply because of the autos and lack of sidewalks.

User Info Menu

This year we ae doing our first split trip. Half at country country and half at Catcha.

User Info Menu

Last spring we stayed at Rockhouse for several nights before moving down to the beach. Rockhouse was awesome and very relaxing. Then we moved to the beach for a week and played tennis every day, volleyball every day, hit the gym most days, and walked the beach until our feet hurt. We tend to be be wiped out at the end of a stay on the beach. Last year I remember thinking how much a needed a few days on the cliffs after leaving the beach, so this spring it will be beach first and then cliffs for much needed rest and recuperation.